Menu
Superuser
Message 11 of 14 (228 Views)

Re: VR..

Kippies wrote:

But I may well be wrong and VR take off big style. Should be an interesting time for gamers...

I like the direction the new Nintendo console is going more so than where VR could possibly go. That kind of switch up Nintendo is doing will change things greatly in the gaming market in both the short and long term.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Superuser
Message 12 of 14 (225 Views)

Shelke wrote:

VR and 3D gives me headaches/wooziness, so I don't bother with it or have a interesting in buying either

I did experience a headache on my first day with PSVR, but have been OK since and so far no motion sickness.  3D doesn't work for me anymore, it is just a blurry mess that I can't focus on, but has worked in the past on theme park rides in Florida when I was younger.  I need to get my eyes tested as VR has confirmed what I have suspected for a while that one of my eyes focuses better than the other, which might explain the 3D not working.

As for looking like a prat:

1. I'm no oil painting without the VR head gear on, so it could be seen as an improvement. Smiley Wink
2. I'm using it in the privacy of my own home not wearing it down the pub.
3. I can't see myself while wearing it so don't care how it looks.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 13 of 14 (211 Views)

@SCA1972 You raise a good point. My eyesight has never been good, as a result I've always needed prescription reading glasses. So if you don't have perfect 20/20 vision or have one lazy eye, VR or 3D (or both) may not work for you well or at all. And the whole aspect of stacking glasses on glasses (3D) or VR headset on top of glasses doesn't work too well...

The one perk I've encountered personally for when you don't have perfect 20/20 vision is that Air Force recruiters leave you well alone and go to the person nearest who doesn't look to be wearing contacts or glasses.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Superuser
Message 14 of 14 (198 Views)

I remember early dalliances with VR back in the 90's

The Arcadian Centre in Birmingham had an Laser quest a like called Quasar.  But the Arcade linked to that did have a game with a VR headset.  Obviously we're not talking realistic graphics here.

VR might tempt me back into Elite Dangerous.  I've gotten closer to the experience using FaceTrack NoIR - (The poor mans TrackIR Smiley Wink)  But for me the prhibitive factor is the cost.

£200 for a graphics card capable of running VR on my PC and then another £800 for a headset.  Not good.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos