Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

VR..

Anybody messed with it yet? Thinking specifically of Rift and with the recent launch of PSVR, is it something people are looking to get into?

I know a couple of families getting them in for Crimbo- looking for some feedback if anyone has had a play with one yet?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: VR..

I got PSVR on launch day and so far have only played with the free demos and Playroom VR.  It is interesting, but haven't been blown away by it yet. Probably need to get my hands on some full games to get the best out of it.  Hoping to pick up Battlezone or some PSN credit (to get digital VR content) at Sainsbury's next week with my Nectar points when the Nectar double up starts.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Most of the pundits are pointing out its the game that makes or breaks it. Space sims or racing games are supposed to be brilliant, other like FPS's or platformers, not so much.

A friend was telling me today that there is an app coming that will allow you to watch PPV sports on it- so a ringside seat for the big fight will be your sofa. That sounds awesome.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I won't be trying any of the horror VR titles Smiley Happy

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

SCA1972 wrote:

I won't be trying any of the horror VR titles Smiley Happy

Silent Hill VR anyone?

Theres an old title for Gamecube-  Eternal Darkness, Sanitys Requiem - which messed with your head as you encountered the monsters and slowly lost your sanity. It was trippy on a 32 inch CRT, wonder what it would be like remade for VR?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Tried the Star Wars Battlefront X-Wing VR mission last night.  It was short, but great fun and more immersive than anything I had tried before.  Being a huge Star Wars fan probably helped me enjoy it a little more Smiley Happy

If Criterion can develop this into a full game or at least a bigger add on for SW Battlefront 2 I'd be a very happy bunny.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

VR and 3D gives me headaches/wooziness, so I don't bother with it or have a interesting in buying either

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
GuyJones1988
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Took one for a spin but sent it back. I didn't like that i looked a total prat wearing one and they aren't that great.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

GuyJones1988 wrote:
Took one for a spin but sent it back. I didn't like that i looked a total prat wearing one and they aren't that great.

Thats the big question ATM- will it be such a leap forward its a "must have" or will it be google glass again. Personally, as Ive said all the cables, controllers and the actual gear make it a no go for me.

I'm far more interested in cross compatibility/portability. To me the next "leap" will be when its irrelevant if you or your friends are on phone,tablet,console or ninja PC, you can all play together. A game can REACH you wherever you are and whatever your doing. (obviously with defined limits)

But I may well be wrong and VR take off big style. Should be an interesting time for gamers...

0 Kudos