Menu
Dal
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6 (377 Views)

New PS4 User

We've just upgraded from a Wii to a PS4. 

I'm a bit disappointed with a driving game we brought, Driveclub.  It doesn't seem to have a two player option and its telling me I have to purchase an upgrade to play most of the options.

Can anybody suggest a good driving game that I can purchase and enjoy with paying extras on top 

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6 (365 Views)

Re: New PS4 User

most of the driving games is one player you have to have a look for your self or go into game and ask for a 2 player good driving game on the same platform

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 3 of 6 (352 Views)

Project Cars: Game of the Year Edition....

Dialled in
Message 4 of 6 (345 Views)

Project Cars has a fantastic variety of racing series from Karts upwards covered but it's not an easy game in my opinion but very rewarding when you man age to get a race just right.

Superuser
Message 5 of 6 (328 Views)

Dal wrote:

We've just upgraded from a Wii to a PS4. 

I'm a bit disappointed with a driving game we brought, Driveclub.  It doesn't seem to have a two player option and its telling me I have to purchase an upgrade to play most of the options.

Can anybody suggest a good driving game that I can purchase and enjoy with paying extras on top 

Which options is it asking you to purchase?  There was a cut down Playstation plus version version that was very limited but AFAIK that was given away for free. I have the paid for full version of Driveclub and although there is extra DLC that can be bought to give you more cars and tracks the basic game still has a reasonable amount of content.

It does state very clearly on the back of the box that it is 1 player only locally with 2-12 network players, so that shouldn't have been a surprise to you. As a PS4 newbie you might not have known that Sony have a strip of icons on the back off all game boxes that shows info like number of local and network players, HDD space requirements, Video output resolutions and if remote play is supported, etc.  The same info is listed on the PSN online store if you are buying digitally.

I have recently acquired Trackmania Turbo which has up to 16 local players (not all at once) and has 4 player split screen racing.  It is more of an arcade racer than Driveclub so not sure if that is what you are looking for.

Mantis Burn Racing also has 4 player split screen and is currently half price on the PSN online store until midnight tomorrow.  Saw it at EGX and it looks like a fun top down view racer.

@Kippies Project Cars is only showing as single player on the PSN store, no local multiplayer, so doesn't sound like what @Dal is looking for.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 6 (305 Views)

Some games will require you to have a ps plus membership with this you can play online and get free games every mouth and on top of that you get discounts on games on the ps store.

As for driving games the crew is a good driving game it has online but will require a ps membership the crew has lots of DLC out now and a good range of cars. Protect cars game of the year is a fantastic game great looking and sound. F1 2016 is a f1 game if you like f1 give it a good and my last recommendation is dirt it's a rally game and really is good.

0 Kudos