Menu
cybmole
Community elder
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Game recommendations please

Fallout 4- not sure how mobile graphics would cope with that, sure it looks good in 1080p on my GT960  but that's not getting anywhere close to maxing out the graphics options. Maybe on a smaller laptop screen that;s not so important though

fallout 3 , New vegas would probably both max out and are v cheap. you just have to bypass the obsolete GFWL to get F3 to run

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator

cybmole wrote:

Fallout 4- not sure how mobile graphics would cope with that, sure it looks good in 1080p on my GT960  but that's not getting anywhere close to maxing out the graphics options. Maybe on a smaller laptop screen that;s not so important though

Should be fine on Ultra settings. This is very close to my spec:

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Rocket league is good fun, I have it on PS4.  Saw this deal for PC version on Hot UK Deals:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/steam-rocket-league-6-36-cdkeys-5-discount-2596160

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator

+1 for rocket league being fun. Could have a SU tournament Smiley Wink

Looking at the Ashes of the Singularity videos you posted, I am going to be getting that. Looks amazing. Don't know how i've missed that Smiley Tongue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Interesting first look on alpha:

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

cybmole wrote:

fallout 3 , New vegas would probably both max out and are v cheap. you just have to bypass the obsolete GFWL to get F3 to run

On Steam it is no longer needed, it has been updated to not use GFWL, and it has been like that for a couple of years or more.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Neil_Hines
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi anyone plays Fallout 4 game. Is it a good game for playing and enjoying like Call of Duty?

0 Kudos
sku11meister
Up to speed
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi, an RTS stratergy game that has been "remastered" and well worth a go is called Homeworld and Homeworld 2 on Stream.

I played the original Homeworld back in the day and it was well ahead of its time, they made a 2nd one and now they have remastered them and released them as a pack.

Very good space stratergy game, has a sigle player story mode and you can play online vs people, or play a skermish on huuge maps vs A.I which you can set the level of difficulty as well to really stir things up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9JbgqAHuUo&list=PL0p3l0ggbMcvZM4nKcMcqj08gkvhh0pUN

I play this still, its very addictive Smiley Happy

cybmole
Community elder
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Neil_Hines wrote:

Hi anyone plays Fallout 4 game. Is it a good game for playing and enjoying like Call of Duty?

its nothing like COD, it's an RPG with some shooter elements & some optional settlement building, lots of dialogue & moral choices. its very similar to the older & cheaper fallout 3 / & the sequel fallout New Vegas so pick those up first & see if you like it

cybmole
Community elder
Message 20 of 23
Flag for a moderator

PS

fallout 4 is free to play this weekend on Steam