Menu
Highlighted
Sofa Bear
Sofa Bear
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

EGX Competition: Game of the Year

We have two pairs of day tickets to give away for EGX next Saturday.

The event, sponsored by Virgin Media, takes place in Birmingham's NEC from the 21st to the 24th of September‎, and the lucky winners will be able to get up close with some of the most exciting games in the world right now, and sneak peeks at what's coming out over the next year.

To win the tickets to Saturday's sold out event‎, simply post a reply to this question: 

What has been your favourite game released this year, and why?

Winners will be selected at random on Tuesday, and we'll send you a Private Message to let you know.

There's no right or wrong answers‎, but ours is obviously Destiny 2 Smiley Happy

‎More about EGX https://www.egx.net/egx

Terms and Conditions

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/EGX-T-amp-Cs/m-p/3528158#U3528158

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: EGX Competition: Game of the Year

Obviously I can't win this (thought if you're lucky I may put in an appearance Robot wink) But for me, game of the year has to go to Xcom2: War of the Chosen.

I know, I know, Xcom 2 came out in 2016 but the new DLC is like an entire game to itsself. The full Xcom2 experience is still there but wow, War of the Chosen adds so much more and completely transforms the way you play, how you form your team, resources and adds so many more layers to an already rich and deep game.

I'm looking forward to the rest of you giving us your favourite games and hopefully pick up on a few hidden gems I haven't played yet!

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
TrickyPingu
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

For me its got to be Mass Effect Andromeda.

Returning to the MA universe was great, and while there was some issues with the game, I loved the story and gameplay. The universe is interesting, and the characters felt 'human' to me, even with the strange facial animations. No matter what game I go to play, I end up playing ME:A again. Only will Destiny 2 (on payday) pull me away, and even then not for long!

0 Kudos
joeron
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nier: Automata is prolly best game to hit me all year, i started off getting it after playing the demo just for the combat but it has a very deep story
Got nearly 70hrs on my first play through, Storyline is top notch and gameplay controls are tight. Boss fights are very memorable

0 Kudos
netinyahoo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It has to be Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Short but a very sweet but another chance to play Uncharted from a different perspective..
0 Kudos