Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 81 of 132
Flag for a moderator

Re: Destiny 2 sparrow

Bizzyhoody wrote:
Hi I've tried with and without the area code and both ways say I've already redeemed on my account ? What's the solution please ??

I'm pushing for answers privately via this community and via email contacts I have, this situation is unacceptable. Only the VM staff can comment on it officially, so until they post something new, we're all waiting.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Nonpc
Tuning in
Message 82 of 132
Flag for a moderator

Yep seems this has been abused, people just ripping off codes either guessing account numbers or a script, also getting the "already redeemed message" and I most certainly haven't.  

Superuser
Superuser
Message 83 of 132
Flag for a moderator

mdy-vm wrote:
Most of us are still waiting for a solution..

Either many codes have been falsely claimed by people inputting consecutive account numbers.. or it's still utterly broken..

If that is what it turns out to be it could have easily been avoided. Simply require you to login to your primary My VM account then you could be passed on to the code redeem page. That way your identity would be verified and no code stealing would happen, unless the person doing it had been hacked in advance.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 84 of 132
Flag for a moderator

Nonpc wrote:

Yep seems this has been abused, people just ripping off codes either guessing account numbers or a script, also getting the "already redeemed message" and I most certainly haven't.  

@Nonpc They may seriously need to consider shutting down the page, check all code claimed reports, check IP logs etc and then impliment a secure way to retrieve codes.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
wooters
On our wavelength
Message 85 of 132
Flag for a moderator

It looks like you’ve already received your exclusive Destiny 2 Sparrow code.

If you have any queries, please email destiny2@virginmedia.co.uk

I have not had a code, guess is bugged or people are cracking account codes.

Bizzyhoody
Joining in
Message 86 of 132
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot keep us updated please 😊
0 Kudos
thaimeaw
Tuning in
Message 87 of 132
Flag for a moderator

previously tried without the area ref
Now suggests that I have already redeemed
destiny2@virginmedia.co.uk   doesn't seem to exist (nor does enquiries@virginmedia.com or help@virginmedia.com)

Is this all a scam ?

0 Kudos
dominicpote
Tuning in
Message 88 of 132
Flag for a moderator

Hi ,

Just did it with the area code and it worked, but It now says my code has already been redeemed. Can you compensate me with another code? whats the solution

0 Kudos
Nonpc
Tuning in
Message 89 of 132
Flag for a moderator

@shelke I have a sinking feeling it all might be a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted, just have to see what happens hopefully there is a solution and some codes left....but being a jaded old man of the internet hopes are not too high. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 90 of 132
Flag for a moderator

Nonpc wrote:

@shelke I have a sinking feeling it all might be a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted, just have to see what happens hopefully there is a solution and some codes left....but being a jaded old man of the internet hopes are not too high. 

@Nonpc There's a digital trail, so if theft cases are found rather than it being an error... VM will be able to see what the code was and which account it went to, when they lias with the game developer. D2 accounts could be traced, have the code revoked or if not revocable, ban the account of the person who done the theft.

VM will look into our cases I'm sure, in fact, that's one of the things I pushed at them.

Edit: typo fix

- - - - - -
0 Kudos