Menu
Charbax
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

wish list: V6, gbit internet, 4K content, Android TV UI... 2017 Virgin Media features wish list

As I'm new to Virgin Media (and new to the UK..) I am happy so far with my 200/20mbit Full House Gamer TV/Broadband package with V6, but here are some features that I posted December 3rd 2016 here https://vmhd.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/reaction-to-game-changing-virgin-tv.html hoping that Virgin Media might implement in 2017:

- Upgrade Internet speed of VM network using DOCSIS3.1 technology on same network:
500mbit/500mbit at 30GBP/month
1gbit/1gbit at 40GBP/month
symmetric Internet speed
I am sure that Virgin Media is already testing DOCSIS3.1 technology, if anyone has any info about the latest status of this testing, please write in answer comment.

- +5GBP/month for Play,
+10GBP/month for Fun
+20GBP/month Full House TV.

- Allow connect up any 5TB external USB3 hard drive to the V6 box's USB port for expanded DVR capacity, also for Home Cloud and other advanced NAS, media server functionality.

- provide Cloud DVR service, record every channel all day all night, and let customers watch and "save to their Tivo" any recording from any channel going back unlimited amount of time if possible (considering copyright).

- Virgin Media TV Anywhere should work with Chromecast (for cheap multi-room supporf), stream to mobile or to Chromecast anywhere, not only within the home.

- We need 4K content on V6
we all love YouTube 4K and Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K
But we need thousands of movies in 4K on-demand streaming now.
all Movies filmed in last 100 years should be digitalized in 4K and available on-demand on Virgin Media with V6 box
35mm films look great digitized to 4K, and modern films are probably mostly filmed in 4K already anyways even since a decade ago.

- 4K video-conferencing camera connected on USB port of V6 box, that snaps on top of any 4K TV,
enable VM users to easily call each other as 4K TV video-conferencing.

- V6 Tivo must change its software platform to Google TV Android TV.
I am sure the Broadcom ARM CPU in V6 can support Google Android TV platform
we need support for all apps and games, not only to the 12 apps that might be supported on Virgin Media Tivo proprietary platform.
V6 box with Android TV UI, add on top of that UI all the specific Virgin Media features, integrate DVR, channel guide as an app, etc.

0 Kudos
Charbax
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: wish list: V6, gbit internet, 4K content, Android TV UI... 2017 Virgin Media features wish list

0 Kudos