Menu
umbrokhan
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

iOS vs Android vs windows in your opinion?

iOS is Apple iPhone 7....Android can be Samsung S7 or any other OEM that supports android Operating system

which is better iOS vs Android vs windows in your opinion?

i give you my reason.

i think most people buy Android because its more cheaper.  people maybe can't afford iPhone.

do people still trust Samsung phones after hearing battery exploding?

windows 10 has very less app's

iPhone benefit can be the device is supported longer like 5 years. Local Apple shop for repair. excellent customer service etc.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: iOS vs Android vs windows in your opinion?

There's an old saying, you buy cheap, you buy twice.

Windows phone has zero good apps for it and no main stream company really supports it app wise, it looks mostly like a dead duck in the water.

As to Android VS IOS... I have one reason for preferring IOS: Updates!

On Android phones updates works as follows:  Google makes a patch or demands the bug reporter makes the patch (lame), once a patch is made it is sent to the smart phone maker, who chooses which phones get it (ignoring some phones which could support it and need it.) It then gets passed on to the carrier who spends 6+ months testing the updating and sticking their carrier logos and color scheme all over it. After 9+ months you may be one of the fortunate few to get the security update for your Android phone.

What's great about IOS updates is that apple pushes their patches out to availability at the same time, world wide, to all support models of the iphone/ipad/etc/etc that the patch will run on and carriers don't have the opportunity to stick their big nose in and delay it by 6+ months or get to stick their carrier logos+carrier horrid color scheme all over it.

Within a year most Android phones are landfill junk, unsupported by their carrier and riddled with security holes that will never be patched. iphone get supported for years and years and years, in comparison, with no carrier intervenence.

. Edit: typo fix Cat Tongue

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

they are most, if not all , assembled by what's really child abuse /slave labour. if that floats your boat, keep on buying the shiny new toys

0 Kudos
moof
Superfast
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Shelke wrote:

There's an old saying, [snip]

Theres another old saying 'don't drink the Apple kool-aid' Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
mildenhall
Rising star
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

IMHO Top of the range Android is best.

Windows Phone - very few apps.

iPhone - if sheer beauty floats your boat buy one. It's just a shame hardware wise they're rubbish and locked down so that you can't do much.

Cheap Android phone - yep - you get what you pay for.

Top of the range Android - better hardware than iPhone, cheaper apps wise and more freedom to do what you want on it. Samsung notes - dangerous yes, but the other phones, S6, S7 are fine. HTC, Plus1 etc.

Basically, if you're not tech savvy - iPhone. If you are into tehcnology - Android. 

kevnjohn
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have used both iOS and Android and I think that both have different USP if you are looking for user-friendly option then it is Android Samsung 6 edge

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

IOS if regular updates & security (malware/virus-wise) are important, I have an iPhone 5s & it is still being supported with OS updates, the iOS isn't prone to virus/malware attack unless jail broken. App creators often update their apps on Apple Store first (I have noticed this personally with my apps which I have on iPhone & android/Kindle) & Apple makes sure these apps are genuine.
Downside: transferring music & photos requires iTunes & thus extra steps to get these onto the device, can't download from 3rd party sites.

Android if you like to use several app stores (Google App Store, Amazon App Store to name two), downloaded .apks can be saved to external media, it's easier to transfer photos & music to the device. Downside: OS updates can take months to filter down to users even if you bought the phone sim free/unlocked to any carrier, 

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Can't afford iOS, so that's a non starter.

Tried Android, Moto G4, Android 6.0.1, and I didn't like the child like interface

I'm back with my Lumia 950, Windows 10, with regular updates via Windows Insider. 

However, I'm odd as I mostly use my phone as a phone .......  so don't miss the poor app support Smiley Happy

Timwilky
Dialled in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

IOS just gets broken.

When I throw the least intuitive piece of junk against a wall smashing it into pieces. I want to be able to use my device. Add what I want and if it doesn't exist write it myself. Apple gadgets are poorly designed, locked down useless gizmos with a use policy dictated by corporate you must buy from us.

I fell out with them years ago when my daughter got an ipod and I couldn't simply drag / drop mp3 files onto it. It went back to the shop, not fit for purpose.

Android in its many flavours for me thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos