Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (160 Views)

ghoasting on writing on screen with 4K tv

I have a V box which is many years old, is this the cause of the ghoasting on my tv, what is the latest box I should have ??

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 2 of 6 (305 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by stevendodgson
‎06-03-2017 12:46

Re: ghoasting on writing on screen with 4K tv

There are currently 2 Boxes available.

The Standard TiVo (500Gb or 1Tb) 3 Tuners cannot do 4K or the New V6 TiVo Box (1Tb) that has 6 tuners and can do 4K. Both boxes use HDMI so the signal to the TV is digital.

Your old V Box will have a analog signal going to the TV and more then likely will be the cause of your issues due to cross talk on the AV scart cable.
Many TVs still feed it's internal tuners AV signals back down the scart cables (meant for VCRs) 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 6 (306 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by stevendodgson
‎06-03-2017 12:46

There are currently 2 Boxes available.

The Standard TiVo (500Gb or 1Tb) 3 Tuners cannot do 4K or the New V6 TiVo Box (1Tb) that has 6 tuners and can do 4K. Both boxes use HDMI so the signal to the TV is digital.

Your old V Box will have a analog signal going to the TV and more then likely will be the cause of your issues due to cross talk on the AV scart cable.
Many TVs still feed it's internal tuners AV signals back down the scart cables (meant for VCRs) 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6 (149 Views)

Cheers, will now chase for new box. are there any gagets out there to connect the new box to other tvs around the house appart from running cables ??
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 6 (136 Views)

I don't know much about HDMI Video Senders and the such. Maybe another user on here knows more. I have both types of box. V6 in my front room and a standard Tivo in the kitchen and run my cable though my loft. 

I know the V6 does not have any usable Scart outlet and even the analog audio is not supported but does work (i use it for my old sound system)
The standard TiVo does have a usable scart out so could be used with a non HDMI based Video sender. Not sure about the newer HDMI based ones and how they play with the HDCP protection in use on both boxes. 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 5 of 6 (125 Views)

you have to accept that with the latest greatest whiz bang digital boxes, it's one box per screen. That's by design, to stop folks copying / stealing High Definition content.

that's the bad news. the better news is that virgin will happily rent you extra boxes and even install them exactly where you'd like them to be. and the latest V6 boxes allegedly let you record on one box, playback on a different one in the same house. Clever stuff if it all works as advertised ( early days yet )

the days of adding some spare TV cable to the RF out at the back to run 2 TVs from one box are gone now, unless you get lucky finding a working HDMi splitter

ps with the ghosting, the old fix was to not use the default channel 36 which tended to clash with close by TV signals, but that was when we had analogue TV, there are no longer any analogue broadcasts going out, so there must be some other cause. you could tweak any tuning options you can find either in the v box menus or the TV menus, but the V box days are numbered, its only a matter of time before virgin turn off all support for those.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 6 (117 Views)

Cheers for the info.

0 Kudos