Menu
moggy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

explorer browse

Past couple of weeks when I shut explorer it keeps reopening, if I shut it using the task bar sometimes it will close, also get a box saying:  Microsoft HTML application not responding. I have cc cleaner and even when I have managed to shut explorer, if I try to run cc cleaner it tells me cant run while explorer is open.

I now have to go to task manager and close explorer there, any one got any ideas , please.

Maureen

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: explorer browse

the option in Internet Explorer to reset all options to default values often solves annoying + hard to fix issues

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/923737

You can reset Internet Explorer settings to return them to the state they were in when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC. This can be useful for troubleshooting problems that might be caused by settings changed after installation. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after the reset.

a better option is to forget it still exists and use Google Chrome as your default, or Edge

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have removed your duplicate post on this in the E-mail area. It was in the wrong place anyway. Do not make duplicate posts. It is against Forum rules. If you are not sure where to post do your best and we'll always be able to move it to the right area.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Any number of possible reasons and solutions offered when you search Google:

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=internet%20explorer%2...

Have a look and try for yourself.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

the option in Internet Explorer to reset all options to default values often solves annoying + hard to fix issues

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/923737

You can reset Internet Explorer settings to return them to the state they were in when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC. This can be useful for troubleshooting problems that might be caused by settings changed after installation. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after the reset.

a better option is to forget it still exists and use Google Chrome as your default, or Edge