Menu
sirchebs35
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV splitter question

Hello All,

apologies if this is a duplicate question,

I have one cable coming upstairs to my bedroom which is currently connected to my superhub3.

I ordered Tv from virgin with a standard Tivo box not the new v6 box. my questions are as follows:

will i get a splitter and cable in the box?

if not can i but one from a retailer and use it?

thanks muchly

Chris

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin TV splitter question

You should get a cable splitter supplied with 2 additional lengths of made up cable (usually about 3 metres each).

The kit Virgin supply is specifically designed for cable use, as the system has to be immune to RF noise "leaking" into their coax system. So only use what is provided as what is available in shops is not suitable.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should get a cable splitter supplied with 2 additional lengths of made up cable (usually about 3 metres each).

The kit Virgin supply is specifically designed for cable use, as the system has to be immune to RF noise "leaking" into their coax system. So only use what is provided as what is available in shops is not suitable.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

sirchebs35
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks fella,

advice muchos appreciated