Menu
Superuser
Message 21 of 38 (266 Views)

Re: The hump is back!

[ Edited ]

Graham_A wrote:
So, does that mean this is a 'fake news' issue due to a problem at Thinkbroadband, or is it a VM issue?

A peering issue is definitely not fake news. It's nothing to do with Thinkbroadband as they make clear in their news article.

The issue lies between VM and LiNX and I know which one out of the two I would put my money on.

If you remember the June 2015 peering issue appeared to be caused by a balancing issue between VM traffic going over LiNX Juniper vs LiNX Extreme. 

Maybe @Ignition has more info about what's likely to be causing the current peering issue?

Fibre optic
Message 22 of 38 (258 Views)

[ Edited ]

The subject heading made me think of this for some reason.Smiley Tongue

Maybe mama can fix it?Smiley Happy

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure.
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans.
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant.
I only invent the bomb - I don't drop it. Bryce Lynch.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 38 (241 Views)

This started on Sunday for me, 14th. REAL pain for gaming.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 24 of 38 (236 Views)

alphaomega16 wrote:
This started on Sunday for me, 14th. REAL pain for gaming.

Use a VPN until it gets fixed. £5.

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 25 of 38 (237 Views)

How is it that with the hump back again my minimum latency (green) in the BQM is a constant 35ms but Ookla's speedtest reports a ping of only 9ms?

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 38 (233 Views)

[ Edited ]

These forums really need to be sorted, quoting system is broke AF.

To you Graham_A this is certainly not fake news, sites I visit have plenty of pictures like AVForums threads on Recent Purchases, AV Setups, PC Builds and the pictures are loading like I am on dial up at one point but then at another they are near instant loads and I can definitely feel it in gaming and I thought it was just region lag due to world boss being up but when I looked I saw the hump and went to previous days and it all started Sunday.

Needless to say with all the interruptions I have had in the past month I will be ringing them tomorrow for a reduction in bill because I cant raid atm and I wish I had checked last night as well because I thought it was just WoW lagging yet again as its not usually my end.

Wouldn't be so bad if it was AM instead of PM as I would be in bed or out but it happening smack dab in the middle of when I use it the most.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 27 of 38 (219 Views)

alphaomega16 wrote:

These forums really need to be sorted, quoting system is broke AF.

To you Graham_A this is certainly not fake news, sites I visit have plenty of pictures like AVForums threads on Recent Purchases, AV Setups, PC Builds and the pictures are loading like I am on dial up at one point but then at another they are near instant loads and I can definitely feel it in gaming and I thought it was just region lag due to world boss being up but when I looked I saw the hump and went to previous days and it all started Sunday.

Needless to say with all the interruptions I have had in the past month I will be ringing them tomorrow for a reduction in bill because I cant raid atm and I wish I had checked last night as well because I thought it was just WoW lagging yet again as its not usually my end.

Wouldn't be so bad if it was AM instead of PM as I would be in bed or out but it happening smack dab in the middle of when I use it the most.

The quoting system doesn't work well/if at all in the mobile version of the forum but is fine if you switch to the desktop view.

Re my earlier question to Mud, I was sort of playing devils advocate.  The hump effect doesn't affect my broadband usage, but I don't play games online or otherwise.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 28 of 38 (213 Views)

Dave_cq wrote:

How is it that with the hump back again my minimum latency (green) in the BQM is a constant 35ms but Ookla's speedtest reports a ping of only 9ms?

Because you're using an Ookla speedtest.net server in a location which does not require you routing traffic via LiNX. If you picked a server in France you'd probably get low results.

It's a bit like having a traffic problem on the M25.

Problem sorter
Message 29 of 38 (191 Views)

MUD_Wizard wrote:

Dave_cq wrote:

Because you're using an Ookla speedtest.net server in a location which does not require you routing traffic via LiNX. If you picked a server in France you'd probably get low results.

It's a bit like having a traffic problem on the M25.

Aha, that makes sense.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 30 of 38 (182 Views)

Area 07 (Bristol) here, having other issues as well but the hump has appeared too:

bump.jpg

0 Kudos