Menu
Neil657
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Super hub problem

Only one Ethernet port on my super hub works, I have been trying to call all morning only for you to hang up on me after being on hold for around 10 mins. Can you get in contact with me please.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub problem

have you set the superhub to modem only mode. if you have only the port near the coax will work.

What IP is the device you connect getting?
0 Kudos
Neil657
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah yes it's on modem only mode

So what do I have to do to get my power line kit to work as it has to be connected to the modem?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if you are in modem only mode you will need your own router. you shouldn't need to be in modem mode to use power line kits.

Set the SH to router mode and connect one of the powerlines to the router and another to the device you want to use. If the manual says connect to modem it most likely means router Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Neil657
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I purchased a new router as the super hub couldn't keep up with the amount of different connections I had. I was experiencing constant disconnections and now I have the new wireless router I have not dc'd once, this is why I put into modem mode. The reason for the power line kit is the wifi on the super hub or even the high end wireless router I just purchased dosnt reach the rooms at the far side of the house.

Just plugged into router and all working thank you, from now on I dont waste time reading instructions
0 Kudos