Menu
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 3

Just been reading about the Super Hub 3 , how much better in performance is it than my Super Hub regarding WI FI distribution around the home , and would it connect without the need for power line use ?

Colin
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3

Colinalbert wrote:
Just been reading about the Super Hub 3 , how much better in performance is it than my Super Hub regarding WI FI distribution around the home , and would it connect without the need for power line use ?

Colin

Well Colin, if you've really been reading the forum you might have formed the impression that the Hub 3 (even VM can't bring themselves to use the word 'Super' anymore) is about as much use as a dead parrot ... but I couldn't possibly comment.    Smiley Wink

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

At least they restrained themselves from calling it the awesome hub so it can't be that good..

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

From my perspective, and I've had one for nearly a year, the Hub 3 is a reasonably good device that is in need of some fixes to long standing irritations in router functions.

I normally use modem mode with a decent router attached. So that is perfect. The router functions of the Hub 3 are lame, like the Superub predecessors. That is so as to suit VM's support convenience, making it a get-you-going device.

Hope all that's helpful.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I agree totally Sephiroth. Should really be called the Modem3, as it is an excellent modem if you use your own router and access points. More and more people are now 'network savvy' and can easily configure their own network. Unfortunately there are still a large number of people who want a simple connection setup and VM seem to assume this is everybody.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
Pteropus66
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi - do you know if the Hub 3 works better with VPN's? I have an older SuperHub that blocked my company VPN (until I learned to fix the "pass through" settings in the Firewall), but it still isn't completely compatible, annoyingly, it still blocks a key piece of software that we use (a document management agent).

I was just wondering if updating the Hub might be a good idea at this point.

Many thanks ! 

0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

the hub 3 imho, its a piece of junk, the chipset is has is dreadful and is in need of some serious fixes, the best router virgin supply at this moment in time, is the 2ac.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos