Menu
JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 11 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 Massive Flaws

I wish Virgin would go back to offering modems again... or at least make it an option Smiley Sad 

ILuvNips
Fibre optic
Message 12 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I can understand why they are doing this, in theory to protect the user from themselves but why can't there an super-admin section where we can change things. I'd love to be able to add a static route to my SH3 as I run 2 networks in my house but can't and I also miss the option to change the IP address of the SH3 from its default.

I think Virgin have forgotten that this is the digital age, the SH3 forms a part of that in homes but it needs to be fully configurable. Also from a green point of view I don't see why I should have to run the SH3 in modem mode and add yet another device, I already have an Asus RT68 acting as a wireless repeater in another part of the house, in modem mode I'd need to add another.

In HA7. Billing Area 21.
Utilisation Fault
F003502423: Review Dates -> 07/10/2015 -> 02/12/2015 -> 20/01/2016 Smiley Sad -> Closed Smiley Happy
Utilisation Fault F004873444: Review Dates -> 29/03/2017 Smiley Sad -> Closed Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 32
Flag for a moderator

hiya @ILuvNips that would be nice, but the hub is really just meant to get people online, i would say 98%+ of customers wouldn't have a clue what a static routing is, plus having this feature will just confuse the hell out of people..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
ILuvNips
Fibre optic
Message 14 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@paultechy, not too convinced, most consumer routers offer these advanced features and they are exactly that advanced features which the average user wouldn't need to touch.

In HA7. Billing Area 21.
Utilisation Fault
F003502423: Review Dates -> 07/10/2015 -> 02/12/2015 -> 20/01/2016 Smiley Sad -> Closed Smiley Happy
Utilisation Fault F004873444: Review Dates -> 29/03/2017 Smiley Sad -> Closed Smiley Happy

Hoggie
Fibre optic
Message 15 of 32
Flag for a moderator

my new hub now refuses to let me in to the admin page with the new GUI.. I wont hard reset and the settings password has never been changed. I only need a modem because I have my own new all crispy router..

what has happened to my router to stop me getting in to admin page?  

Modem/Router: Super hub 3.0  vmdg505.... 

help me Smiley Sad

this post may contain nuts Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 32
Flag for a moderator

hiya @Hoggie it is saying invalid password?? also are you directly connected to the hub?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 17 of 32
Flag for a moderator

dont confuse the 2 different supplied passwords that come with hub 3, one is for wifi, the other is for hub admin access

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 18 of 32
Flag for a moderator

ILuvNips wrote:
@paultechy, not too convinced, most consumer routers offer these advanced features and they are exactly that advanced features which the average user wouldn't need to touch.

Hmm, not sure I would agree. Have a look at the BT Home Hub. Not too much to configure on that either.

VM want a cheap get you going device, and not much that the customer can change. It makes support easier. If the Hub's had all the configuration of say an ASUS Router, I can just imagine the support nightmare Smiley Wink

Best to run the Hub in Modem Mode, and buy whatever Router takes your fancy. I've never used any of the supplied Hubs as Routers.

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 19 of 32
Flag for a moderator

JitteryPinger wrote:

I wish Virgin would go back to offering modems again... or at least make it an option Smiley Sad 

Ahh, the good old days of the VMNG300 ! 

However, this is never going to happen and be thankful for Modem Mode. A lot of ISP's don't even bother with this option. ......

0 Kudos
Hoggie
Fibre optic
Message 20 of 32
Flag for a moderator

paultechy wrote:
hiya @Hoggie it is saying invalid password?? also are you directly connected to the hub?

Yep invalid and the password had never been changed from the numbers on the hub... wont be for long Smiley Happy

always go in hard wired.  I just left it off for a couple of min's,then waited for it to do it stuff.. Then pushed reset for 30sec's and it let me in.

I do believe its a problem with the code under the hub as it worked fine  after the power down and reset..

Cheers Paul.

Phil... Happy Days Smiley Happy

this post may contain nuts Smiley Wink
0 Kudos