Menu
Highlighted
ask-me
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Page loading

Hi i have my pc connected directly to the virgin router which is only a couple of months old as i am a new customer .i generally have fairly good page refresh and loading on virtually any page i use however when i go on to Ebay the pages take up to 30 seconds to load in the mean time i cannot scroll or do any thing ,this is happening on any time of the day or night and out previous isp was working perfectly with no issues .I am using windows pro on a four core pc using virgin vivid 100 optical  @ a fair 96Mbps download in peak time (114 at off peak) a disappointing 3.7 upload right now but more often at 3,5 Mbps which i have been told is appalling  and an absolutely disgusting 116Mbps latency !. 

Not entirely happy with this as while i was with Sky on the twisted pair we had no issues when the antique wires were not noisy..

could someone please tell me why i am getting such a poor service as a new customer whom transferred on promises of far better and reliable service ? ,if i had known it was going to be sooooo flaky i wouldn't of signed on the dotted line to be frank .

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Page loading

Try using Google DNS or OpenDNS if Virgins are slow for you.

This can tell you what are fastest for you at time of running it :

https://code.google.com/archive/p/namebench/downloads

All Replies
ask-me
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

sorry the latency should of read Ms .

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try using Google DNS or OpenDNS if Virgins are slow for you.

This can tell you what are fastest for you at time of running it :

https://code.google.com/archive/p/namebench/downloads