Menu
dhanks
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New push fit cables

Hi

Can someone tell me the correct details for the new push fit coax cables please? The one virgin supplied isn't long enough so I need to buy a longer length but not sure what I should be buying and the chap on the online chat service was next to useless! 

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New push fit cables

hiya @dhanks welcome to the virginmedia community forum, you cant but the coax cable virginmedia use in a shop, you can wait a few days for the forum admin to arrange longer cable, how long a cable do you require, since with long cable can effect the signal levels.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi dhanks

Thanks for joining us on the forums and for getting in touch about the cabling you need.

For us to support you with this, I'm going to send a pm to you that you can find in the envelope next to your forum name.

If you don't mind getting back in touch with me on this, that would be great Smiley Happy

Speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ICF
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

First time poster I'm trying to get 1m length of push fit coax cable for my set up. The old cable has seen better days. Virgin said they don't supply it. Any ideas how I can resolve this issue.

Many Thanks

Daniel
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@ICF isn't something you can buy in a shop cable specially made for virginmedia which I'd triple shielded 75ohms.. Is the cable you have damaged?
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
ICF
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for reply, yes I've bent the pin on the white coax cable and it doesn't screw into the wall socket very tightly. It has been known to fall out lol.

Many Thanks

Daniel
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can't beat a bit if duck tape, it will be around 5 days for a forum admin reply and would need to possible book engineer
ICF
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have a engineer out Friday due to power levels so hopefully he could take a look and request a new one Smiley Happy.

Thanks for fast replies.

Many Thanks

Daniel
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ICF wrote:
I have a engineer out Friday due to power levels so hopefully he could take a look and request a new one Smiley Happy.

Thanks for fast replies.

Many Thanks

Daniel

Techs have all the spares & kit to make up a new one on the spot, so good luck.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos