Menu
edgarthefirst
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

New Samsung 4K TV

I am due to buy a new 4K TV, my question is Sky and BT show the odd football game in 4K , but on the remote red button, does that work on all new TV's?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Samsung 4K TV

cybmole wrote:

clear comes naturally - for rudeness I study with the masters ( VM offshore outbound).

with any prospective 4k TV - go for a demo - trust your eyes, not answers from random strangers ( even when they are right Smiley Happy

..... and/or rude!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I should add to what JB66 has said - Netflix 4K is also available on the V6.

It 'll get interesting with BT Sport 4K, I reckon. BT are raising their prices and taking BT Sport off free for broadband customers. VM increased their prices for TV XL (as it was) in 2015 to accommodate BT Sport as part of the package.

BT will want to screw maximum out of VM for any 4K content - but I'll bet that this is being negotiated right now. Now, will BT refuse so as to improve their competitive chances for Broadband?   As I see it, 4K bandwidth on BT Infinity coming down from BT Sport on a broadband connection can have some interesting effects on remaining capacity!  Whereas VM's TV comes down its own coax frequencies and doesn't steal from your broadband bandwidth. Something like that!

0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Virgin dont show 4k yet
0 Kudos
edgarthefirst
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have Virgin with both Sky And BT that show the odd 4K football, the question was can you watch h on the red bottom as I have the 4K V6 box!

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

and the answer was NO 

virgin don't do  4K content yet.  neither do BBC who are the red button content provider.. which part of that was not clear ?

0 Kudos
edgarthefirst
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Bloody rude, but clear

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

YouTube has 4k stuff on the v6
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

clear comes naturally - for rudeness I study with the masters ( VM offshore outbound).

with any prospective 4k TV - go for a demo - trust your eyes, not answers from random strangers ( even when they are right Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

cybmole wrote:

..... and/or rude!

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

i don't really see what's rude about saying that BBC provide the VM red button service, that BBC don't do 4k, and thus the answer is NO

it was a dumb question IMHO, followed by a dumber follow up, not believing the 1st answer,and I even took the trouble to fact check my answer before posting it 

and I even took the trouble to fact check my answer before posting it 

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

y

jb66 wrote:
YouTube has 4k stuff on the v6

You tube is an APP, the question was about the BBC red button interactive service.

there is no 4K content on terrestrial (freeview) TV channels

I doubt that showing it in 4k makes the you-tube stuff any less vacuous Smiley Happy 

last I heard Virgin own zero percent of You tube so it is also true that Virgin have no 4k content of their own.

the V6 can support netflix in 4k and probably could support amazon video, if there as ever an Amazon - Virgin contract put in place. but that is not certain, Amazon do not stream with the same codecs and DRM as Netflix and the V6 may lack the needed hardware decoding for Amazon HEVC

0 Kudos