Menu
Rollem
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

I have today signed up for one months free trial on Netflix but films are freezing intermitantly.  Can anyone help. 

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

what device. , And wired or wifi - that sounds like a poor wifi signal issue

0 Kudos
Rollem
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Watching on lg smart tv and using virgin super hub wired
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What is a speed test saying? Preferably with a PC with a known gigabit NIC , hardwired to the hub?

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

actually, if the smart tv has a built in browser you may be able to run the speed test on the TV - the URL is fast.com

alternatively in the netflix app -> help -> network disgnostics, ans post results if you have that option

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

cybmole wrote:

actually, if the smart tv has a built in browser you may be able to run the speed test on the TV - the URL is fast.com

alternatively in the netflix app -> help -> network disgnostics, ans post results if you have that option

Which is dependent on how the TV is connected. I was trying to establish base speeds so we know to look at the WAN side connection or LAN side Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

cybmole wrote:

Which is dependent on how the TV is connected. I was trying to establish base speeds so we know to look at the WAN side connection or LAN side Smiley Wink

he said TV is wired, but he's lost interest anyway ?

0 Kudos
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I watched Netflix UHD on the V6 TiVo box and it works nicely. ..but I do also have a app on my 3D UHD TV with Freeview & Freesat and the Netflix UHD looks good too...
VM V6 box is locked in on the Super Hub 3 at 54 Mbps by Wi Fi and Netflix and BBC Iplayer UHD testing work fine.
0 Kudos
darren_
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Been having streaming issues with Netflix since December.  Get video/audio corruption during stream (blocks and buzzes)

And often just stops streaming and go back to info screen.  Sometimes tells it like it is and says the has been a network error.

Multiple devices, any time of day.

0 Kudos
Beemer
Up to speed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I use Netflix via an android app and stream to tv, tablet and phone without any problems

Ian

0 Kudos