Menu
sanddancer1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mitel 5320e

Hi.  I am to become a home worker with a Mitel 5320e Internet phone.  The phone cannot be 'seen' by my VM SuperHub but I know it works on BT Broadband. VM has said that this is because BT is analogue and VM is fibre optic.  They have said that the Hub 3 will 'see' the 5320e and solve this problem.  There is a one-off charge of £14.99 which is fine it fixes the problem otherwise I will have to leave VM for BT. Has anyone had this experience before and offer me some reassurance that the Hub 3 will work.  Time is of the essence.

Thanks in anticipation.

sanddancer1 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mitel 5320e

VM has said that this is because BT is analogue and VM is fibre optic.  They have said that the Hub 3 will 'see' the 5320e and solve this problem.  

if sentence 1 is true, then surely sentence 2 is not ? 

hub3 has no extra " analogue" abilites ?

google says the Mitel is an IP phone - Voie over IP is  digital

I think the moral here is don't believe any technical claims made by Virgin sales team.

t evidently they cannot tell their analogue a r s e  from their digital  e l b o w.

there's probably no way to use your existing landline number with the VOIP phone though - see here

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1964229

All Replies
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM has said that this is because BT is analogue and VM is fibre optic.  They have said that the Hub 3 will 'see' the 5320e and solve this problem.  

if sentence 1 is true, then surely sentence 2 is not ? 

hub3 has no extra " analogue" abilites ?

google says the Mitel is an IP phone - Voie over IP is  digital

I think the moral here is don't believe any technical claims made by Virgin sales team.

t evidently they cannot tell their analogue a r s e  from their digital  e l b o w.

there's probably no way to use your existing landline number with the VOIP phone though - see here

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1964229

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sanddancer1
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Was really scratching my head over this then unplugged power from router, waited 60 seconds, then plugged power back in and the phone has worked perfectly well ever since.

I cancelled the Hub 3, obviously!

thanks for input

0 Kudos