Menu
drumsticks
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Live/outlook

Been trying to get onto live/outlook email for some time but cant? Get technical error messages, and a message to to say try again later.

Anyone else having the same trouble? And anyone know of any contact details to ask what's happening?

Any help appreciated 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Live/outlook

Outlook.com working alright for me. Follow this link for Microsoft support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactus/

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Outlook.com working alright for me. Follow this link for Microsoft support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactus/
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's working fine for me, what is the technical error message in full that you're getting? Tried the obvious of logging in with another web browser?

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
drumsticks
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is what appears:             :-(
Something went wrong

We can't get that information right now. Please try again later.
X-ClientId: 154708E10F294F4CBD6771CEA6EA5BFE
request-id: 960e6877-f724-4fef-b9f8-bdababb9f85b
X-Auth-Error: ADDriverStoreAccessNonLocalException
X-FEServer: DB5PR08CA0057
X-BEServer: DB5PR08MB0790
Date: 12/4/2016 7:23:53 AM

0 Kudos
drumsticks
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wasted 35 minutes on live chat with microsoft concerning this problem. Got me to try and open it incognito, and using Explorer. All to no avail. Wanted to reset google and my server. Not having that! Also pasted the error codes. Wast of time that was, as didn't know what they meant. So looks like I'll have to close the account and open a new one? Wanted Live/Outlook as a client email addy, but that didn't work either? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I read some posts about this online and many people summarized the fix for this error as the following:

1.Go to https://account.live.com and sign in with your Outlook.com account < If it let's you in that is.
2.Click "Your Info" next to Account at the top bar
3.Click "Manage your sign-in email or phone number"
4.Click "Add email"
5.Choose to create a new email address and add it as an alias. Already got an alias added? Set the alias as the primary.
6. Sign in to www.outlook.com using the email address you created in Step 5 or set as the primary using the same password you normally do

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
drumsticks
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No, didn't work? Done all as advised. Went to outlook.com, blue line went from left to right with the words opening inbox, then the error messages once again appeared.