Menu
brodiebruce
Settling in
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live: Ask the Experts with Sony Mobile!

i keep running out of storage and i cant install anything on my aqua without deleting it first. what can i do???
0 Kudos
Special Guest
Special Guest
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Sony are committed to giving customers the best battery life of any smartphones.  For all devices in range we have our battery suite which can be found in the settings menu.  This suite allows the customer us use stamina mode which reduces background data and increase the life of your battery up to 4 x , 

Sony also have Ultra stamina mode which will reduce the functions of the phone to Calls, Text, Clock , Camera & some functional apps but will give you up to 16 days in this mode great if you are going away for the weekend and don't want to keep charging your handsets.

For all devices charging can be done overnight or through-out the day starting at what ever level you like.  The only thing to add to this is if you charge overnight you reduce the battery capacity over time.  For the new range of devices - XA1, XZ1, XZ & XZ Premium  we now also support adaptive charging.

Adaptive charging means the battery will learn the customers charging habits and if charging overnight it will adjust the charge rate to make sure you are not over charging the battery and you still wake up with a fully charged battery.  With adaptive charging a customers battery will now last for 2 years without any degradation meaning the same great battery life on day 1 to the end of a 2 year contract.

All Sony handsets are designed to run in the most efficient way possible.

Thanks

James

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that James - now @brodiebruce has just asked a question that we've seen a couple of times.

@helenfwallace had already written elsewhere on the Community:
"I have an ongoing memory problem with this phone. I have only managed to install a few apps. The phone is full of pre-installed apps, that I don't need or want that cannot be moved to SD card or deleted."

And Richard asks: "Is there a set way we can transfer apps to an SD card? If so, how do we do it?"

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Special Guest
Special Guest
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The M4 Aqua has 16GB internal memory. If this filled up by the customer is able to expand by an SD card up to 128GB.

Transferring of data to an SD card is very easy, within the setting menu you have "Storage and Memory" option, in this you have smart cleaner that will allow you to transfer all data that can be moved over to the SD card with a simple tick of the boxes.

You can also use smart cleaner to clear temporary and cache data files to free up more memory. We also have a full PC suite with back tools for pictures and videos that allows the customer to manage their handset memory using a PC connection.

Don't forget with the world of android all photo's video's and apps can be backed-up via google which removes the memory take up on the device it's self.

Thanks
James
0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Some great advice there, thank you.

I'm always using my phone in the rain: is that OK? I mean - it says it's water resistant, but what if I drop it in a puddle?

(I genuinely did this with my very first brick-like mobile phone. It didn't work after that, but technology has changed since then, I'm sure).

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Special Guest
Special Guest
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Selected Sony devices come IP rated to IP65/68 meaning they are water and dust resistant.

The IP rating IP65 means selected handsets with this rating can withstand water jets
The IP rating IP68 Means selected handsets can be submerged into COOL FRESH water for up to 30 mins to a depth of 1.5m.

The key thing here is this is not really for the customer to use for underwater photos or as a swimming aid but instead gives them piece of mind if there handset gets wet during bath time or when they are washing the dishes etc.

As always for the devices to be water resistant all the external ports must be covered. For further clarification of water resistance please visit our website for all the Ts&Cs.

Thanks
James

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Awesome! I'll carry on with rain-texting!

Thanks so much for your time today @SonyExpert - who has promised to pop back and check on any further questions the community may have.

0 Kudos
pbarrett
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have the XZ with plenty of storage, but my wife is always complaining of not having  enough space on her aqua m4, even with a large expanded SD card installed. A lot of the pre installed apps cannot be moved acrosss to the SD card and it's very frustrating. In fact, it would be good if Google allowed you to delete some of them if not required, which you can't do either. This has been a problem on other phones too, so it must be a Google/Android issue. Sony, please have a word with them.

0 Kudos
pbarrett
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Why couldn't we submit questions in advance?I couldn't find a link anywhere.

0 Kudos