Menu
shafto64
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ipv6 ?

Hello

I have recently been having problems with connections with my Amazon firestick, and my daughter had problems with playstation when she visited us.

A friend has informed me its the new IPv6 ??

And told me to request Virginmedia switched me back to Ipv4

Is this possible?

Before i look into moving back to Sky, can someone confirm if this is a issue with devices

0 Kudos
Stythinator
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ipv6 ?

Virgin don't do IPV6 ..... not that i am aware of.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your friend is mistaken, unless you are in Ireland, as only VM Ireland have started using IPv6.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

shafto64
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers

Run a test and you are right, its ipv4

It appears we are being 'throttled' in this area. And this is affecting continuity
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

SCA1972 wrote:

Your friend is mistaken, unless you are in Ireland, as only VM Ireland have started using IPv6.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Something for you to take up as a Superusers, Scottie.  VM UK are bout to launch IPV6 here to support their IP telephony roll-out on the Hub 3.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sephiroth wrote:

Something for you to take up as a Superusers, Scottie.  VM UK are bout to launch IPV6 here to support their IP telephony roll-out on the Hub 3.

As long as I don't end up defrocked Smiley Frustrated Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

SCA1972 wrote:

Sephiroth wrote:

As long as I don't end up defrocked Smiley Frustrated Smiley Wink

Why?  Defrocked is a badge that says the users are important!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos