Menu
stuartwishart
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have problems streaming Netflix on my Humax set top box but no problems on my LG smart tv.

My overall speed is around 20meg which is lower than the 100 I pay for.The Netflix service works fine on my LG smart tv but when I use my Humax set top box it goes up and down from a good picture to barely watchable.Humax say it is not the box.I use the Humax to watch films through my projector and unfortunately they are of such bad quality they can be unwatchable.I have tried the usual re set but it did not work.

0 Kudos
Robef
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have problems streaming Netflix on my Humax set top box but no problems on my LG smart tv.

Is the humax connected with WiFi or is it wired?
stuartwishart
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have problems streaming Netflix on my Humax set top box but no problems on my LG smart tv.

Its on wifi but so is the tv.The signal is showing as good.
0 Kudos
Robef
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Might be worth trying moving nearer the router or at least a test with a cable. Sometimes these small boxes without external antennas can struggle with signal. "good" may not be good enough Smiley Happy

If you can share the model number I'll see what wireless standard it supports... Some older WiFi devices are just too slow
0 Kudos
stuartwishart
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its a fvp-4000t the hub is the latest virgin model.Humax blame netflix they reckon its something to do with different platforms for different models of decoder.
0 Kudos