Menu
sonydan2k10
Up to speed
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 switch from white to black

Will virgin media swap there hub from the white one to the black one to match all equipment what is in my house as the hub 3.0 stand's out.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 switch from white to black

Not unless it is faulty
0 Kudos
sonydan2k10
Up to speed
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I really don't see the Problem with sending out the right colour to match all there equipment with that said when you receive it you send the white one back there not losing out really.

0 Kudos
Stythinator
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

They will not change it unless you're current one becomes faulty ... Then if a Tech is needed you can "Request" a black one and you might be lucky to get it. 

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

sonydan2k10 wrote:

I really don't see the Problem with sending out the right colour to match all there equipment with that said when you receive it you send the white one back there not losing out really.

There is a cost attached to any replacement of kit. If they change the kit for no real reason (those being that the kit is faulty or incompatible with the services requested) then Virgin Media are indeed 'losing out' of that cost. 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Agreed Ben, I would expect VM to test out any returned equipment even if the user stated it was ok. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
sonydan2k10
Up to speed
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well come back to these forum's a look what happen's now i no why i stayed away there are to many right minded people on these forum's you ask a question and get shoot down well see ya you have just proven these forum's have not changed.

There are 10 types of people Yeah there is complete and utter rude individuals who think talk down to people is going to help with there question end off.

prosam
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Nope, already asked that question. I see where you are coming from though. When I recieved my white superhub 3, i wasnt too happy because it didnt mach the rest of my equipment. Due to me having serious OCD I ended up asking the installer to move my wireless router upstairs so it wasn't in show. This may have compromised my wireless connectivity, but it is better that having it stand out like a sore thumb! Just my opinion anyway

Package: VIVID 100 Broadband TV M and Talk Unlimited.

Note: I do not work for Virgin Media, I only help fellow Virgin customers so my answers may be wrong! If I helped you please mark my post as helpful or give me a kudos!

I am in a Virgin over subscribed area!
0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

why dont you just ...in the words of The Rolling Stones ... "Paint It Black" ?

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
sonydan2k10
Up to speed
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

What get's me is that they think they can charge a customer for a piece of hardware what they should of had in the first place why in the first place did virgin choose white instead of black was a little silly of virgin to do this and for a customer what nearly pay's virgin a 100 pound for there service i think they getting enough money over a year that is 1200 pound it's a joke and if you want to change a piece of hardware to match the rest of there hardware as they state they charge you.

my father left virgin because of thing's like this.

if the router part of the hub was working fine i would not have to put it into modem mode and use a different router and with that it disconnects or seems to it's like the modem is struggling do you class that as a fault because if you don't i will buy my own dsl modem what i now will work better and connect my own router so i now my equipment is work 100 % not 45.

Right yea we go the super hub 1 had fault's super hub 2 had faults super hub 2 ac had fault's and now there hub 3.0 and properly the next hub will have a fault.

What is it with virgin you stay with the same company what cause the fault's in the first place now explain that to me as a customer i do not expect year after year of the same fault's happen to equipment what cost a fortune to develop.

0 Kudos