Menu
Aztec2250
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Home robbed - Can superhub tell me what time it happened?

Hey all.  Bit of a random question

Sadly, some time yesterday our house was broken into and a lot of things stolen. 

In the process of taking my new Xbox One S Smiley Sad the thieves switched off and unplugged the Super Hub. 

We are trying to narrow down with the neighbours exactly when the robbery occurred, and my thought process was that if the upload / download traffic quantity from the hub is monitored anywhere, it would indicate at what point the hub was switched off and data flatlined.

Frustratingly, the superhub settings will only give me the current uptime, which is from when I switched it back on late last night.

Called customer support but they only gave me the same uptime information.

Does anyone know if there's any way to work out when this might have happened?  The only devices switched on and connected to WiFi at the time would have been a couple of SONOS speakers.  I haven't been able to work out if they record any uptime / downtime durations.

Any technical insight would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home robbed - Can superhub tell me what time it happened?

Not sure if they will tell you but second line support should be able to see when the super hubs modem dropped its DOCSIS connection.

The problem is getting to them as 1st line generally won't connect you directly unless there is an fault they don't understand.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aztec2250

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you, that's just awfulSmiley Sad

I really do apologise but we've looked into this for you and we have been unable to retrieve any data that may support you as you requested.

This is because we only hold either the offline or online duration data in days once we move into the next day, not hours, and once the Hubs are rebooted that clears the data we hold to match the current online or offline status of your Hub. We don't hold historical information on this as there is no business need for this information to be kept.

I do apologise but in switching the Hub back on on the Wednesday this happened, you have reset the only data information we would have had. You would have had to have contacted us on Wednesday to have had the possibility of us being able to get more specific information for you. I wholly appreciate this is not something you were thinking off at the time and this is just a process of elimination in your detective work.

I really do hope that the police are able to support you and that you get your items back.

If there is anything else at all you can think of that we can support you with, please just let us know.

Kindest regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I assume you haven't set up a broadband quality monitor or anything similar as you could check that.

Aztec2250
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the responses everyone.  

Thanks Karen for looking into the recorded data.  It's hopefully at least useful for others to know in the future that it is possible to find out recorded down time (provided it's the same day and not powered up).

stevedh2, Unfortunately, my only other line of investigation was from a SONOS speaker we have plugged in, which I correctly guessed might log connection drop outs to the router. However, after a quick chat with their tech support, the log files are so small, that they didn't keep a record long enough to trace back.

So seems i'm out of luck.

regards,

Matt

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's unfortunate that you weren't running a Thinkbroadband BQM graph to monitor your hub for latency/reliability issues, as you'd know the exact time to within 100 seconds and records are stored for a few months.

Here's a bit of downtime (in RED) from 26th September:

Eee5895b802018bdec576cf96a1bf709-26-09-2016

0 Kudos