Menu
simmondp
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Growth Team

Hopefully someone is able to point me in the right direction.  I'm afraid your on-line interactive chat were useless.....

My postcode is SL2 3RJ, we have just had our road dug up and the infrastructure laid, but no hint of when services will be available.  My contract with TalkTalk expires next week and I would like to get an idea of when services will be available (and hopefully what deals) before I sign up to another 18 or 24 months with TalkTalk.

Thanks

0 Kudos
planetf1
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Growth Team

My road was being dug up in december last year (may have started november). Services only went live just over a week ago AFAIK. I was installed last Wed. I'm sure it will vary but it could be quite a few months.

If you see any engineer around, or a sales rep you can speak to in person you may get more accurate info.

higgsboson23
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is the frustration that comes with engineering work. The schedule can continue to change depending on natural disaster damages, regular network breaks that require urgent upkeep, and anything else more pressing can delay the installation of new lines many times over.

There's usually a department for that but trying to get an actual date is often impossible. Best of luck I hope they make fast work of it!
0 Kudos
simmondp
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You would have though that Virgin would have put a leaflet through my door saying:

"Apologies for any mess, but we are brining you faster fibre; BTW any problems please ring this number...."

Then;

"We've finished laying the ground work, now here's when you can expect to get new services"

Then;

"We are now ready to give you Faster Fibre plus ......  Here are our special offers to our new customers in this area...."

However - NOTHING - not one word, not by email (yes I registered under "cable my street"), through the door or anything. Rang them up - they knew nothing, posted here - no official response.

One wonders if Virgin are there to make money or actually want my business - or is it just to tick a box and hit some Ofcom target for new houses cabled?

Anyway, I need continuity of Internet & Phone, so I renewed with TalkTalk for another 18 months - your loss Virgin, you can't say I didn't give you a chance.

vircom
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is all about maximum income for minimum expenditure. Why would they do anything else?
0 Kudos