Menu
Tompen50
Just joined
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know where callblocker is on the Sony m5? Thanks

Hi, does anyone know where I confined call blocker on the Sony m5? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does anyone know where callblocker is on the Sony m5? Thanks

I have no idea what you are talking about but a single Google search threw this up as the top item:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiam5/userguide/Restricting-calls/

I wonder why you didn't think of that? I don't mind doing it for you but it just causes you extra effort in following things up.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
vircom
Well-informed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You are right in encouraging people to search for answers before posting but I for one am guilty of this on occasions and I suspect you would never have reached such high levels of kudos and helpful answers without dumb idiots like me asking stupid questions.

I doubt that the original poster expected anyone to search out an answer for them​, just hoped someone who already knew would help them out.

No offence or complaint intended and thanks to you and other experts from all us lazy thoughtless idiots who sometimes ask before checking.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@vircom

I appreciate your backhanded compliment. It would be more truthful to say that I learned what expertise I have by reading other people's posts, talking to people and using Google (and more extensively as Google has got better and better in indexing the web). On questions like this the answer is always on the web because the answer is in the manual for the product that is now, more often than not, on the web. Paper copies being a rarity. Doing it yoursef just saves so much time and is so much more satisfying than almost any other way of finding out new stuff.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree and Google is usually my first port of call for any query these days, I can however understand why people sometimes seek a more personal response. I can also understand that someone like yourself who has been on the forum for a lot longer than I have probably gets a bit mift we reading the same questions over and over again. Even with my short time on here I have sometimes seen people ask the same question within hours of someone else having had it answered.

The compliment bit was not meant to be in anyway backhanded, it is people like yourself who make forums helpful rather than just a place to let of steam. Not that I have a problem with people doing that (guilty again I'm afraid).
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

From what I've seen your contributions are positive. Keep it up. I do get miffed but I try to control it. Not always successful. If you use a computer you have a responsibility to understand how it works and how the software on it works. That is the maxim I have always applied to me.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

and regarding the op question, I've found the truecaller app pretty good, although I really need to get around to setting it up properly.

However the feature I like on it is that it will lookup a call and can quite often tell you that its spam and who its from before you answer it, or tap block.

vircom
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like a useful app for people getting unwanted calls.
0 Kudos