Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (193 Views)

Connectivity issue with all4 app & now tv

Hi, 

I am having issues streaming through a now TV smart box running the all4 app. I am connected through a Virgin Media Hub 3.0. The stream keeps pausing then this text appears on the screen:

Connectivity issue: network connection unavailable or too slow.

Then occasionally the stream totally stops and I have to start watching the programme from the start again, only to have it start and stop again. As I only stream this issue is annoying.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 5 (186 Views)

Re: Connectivity issue with all4 app & now tv

[ Edited ]

you need to test other apps on the same setup, e.g. itv, bbc... if they work OK then it's a problem with the all4 servers

if all catch up tv apps are bad then its a network problem. is now TV wired to hub or on wifi ?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5 (176 Views)

Cheers for the reply,

The box is wired to the hub. I've tried other apps and they all seem fine. Before I changed over to Virgin i didn't experience this issue through my other service provider.
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 5 (169 Views)

[ Edited ]

if other apps on the same setup are working ok, then all4 must be having a bad server day.

https://downtoday.co.uk/channel-4-on-demand/

you could look for status info on their site ?

or the app is misconfigured - googling & getting to all4 FAQ I read that that's a mobile data warning issue, and your app should be using the wired ethernet connection. maybe remove it and re-install it ?

http://www.channel4.com/devices/faq/android.html#section-9-question-7

Joining in
Message 5 of 5 (160 Views)

I've already tried removing and reinstalling the app, it didn't work. Just tried through the PS3 and that has issues also. It might be a an issue from the last All4 update. I'll contact All4 directly.

Thanks for replying.
0 Kudos