Clever dog motion detection

Has anyone got issues with the clever dog WI-FI motion detection model
0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Clever dog motion detection

I've got three of these. They mostly work and for the price it's hard to complain. The motion detection seems pretty much OK though I'm not sure it works consistently. My biggest issue is regularly losing connectivity and one of the cameras seems to keep forgetting that it has a memory card installed. The biggest potential issue is that they are totally dependent on the App being maintained, and that's never guaranteed. I've just discovered that the P2P function on my Sentient CCTV cameras is no longer being supported, and I fear this will become more and more of an issue as hardware increasingly relies on software for functionality As I said though - for £20!

0 Kudos
Geoff5
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I agree about the price and software as of yet not really had issue with losing connection with internet but I keep having motion detection notifications when set away from home or standard when nothing actually moving thanks for your reply as you said can't complain about the price the picture quality good
0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've got all mine set to "home" with no alerts, so I can't really comment on false alarms. However when I do look back on what triggers the cameras it seems to need a human-sized object to get a reaction. At night for example there will be nothing after we shut the cat in the kitchen until someone opens up again in the morning. The cat obviously moves around during the night but that never triggers the camera to record. I can imagine it would get really annoying if you were getting alerts every time a speck of dust floated by!

0 Kudos
higgsboson23
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ironic that these cameras are branded Clever Dog but don't capture dogs or pets. All jokes aside, depending on the model, you might capture with more precision but I have installed a set of these for someone and even at the highest level of motion detection sensitivity, it would sometimes fail to trigger in low light with a distant body in the frame. Audio is clear enough, motion detection could work a little better in low light

0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's interesting. The audio on my cameras is awful. There's a constant heavy crackle and any speech is indecipherable. Video quality is really very good though all things considered. In terms of motion sensitivity there does seem to be a lag between the triggering event and the recording starting. I can usually see evidence that someone has entered the room but not the moment at which it happened. A very speedy smash and grab burglar might just about get away with it! Odd that the OP seems to be complaining of too many alerts - possibly it is this delay that accounts for nothing being apparent though that then leads to the question of what is causing them since we seem to agree a sizeable moving object is required.

0 Kudos
Wicklowlady
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Did any of you get the fact that it's notifying you when there's no motion. Just set mine up yesterday but it's notifying me regularly that there's motion when there's none!!
0 Kudos
Wicklowlady
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Did you get this sorted. Set mine up today but I'm getting notifications every 15 minutes and there's no motion. Driving me mad!!
0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As it happens, since this quite old thread was started I've recently had occasion to make more use of my cameras in a battle with the foxes that have taken to digging up my lawn every night! I have to say that I find the motion-detection element unfathomable. One camera which is positioned looking down the side of the house very rarely triggers, but another camera which is looking at  the garden goes off all the time. I've never used the alerts option - I can imagine that it would be incredibly annoying with a camera that was behaving like the second one I've described! If you genuinely need something to reliably warn you about intrusions I think I'd be looking for a rather more sophisticated product - which will of course come at an appropriate price.....

0 Kudos
Wicklowlady
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Interesting. I'm disillusioned with it as I've just came in & it didn't pick it up and an hour earlier it notified me & there was nothing!! If you don't have alert on can you still look back? Excuse my ignorance but which is best high or low sensitivity?? I can see it going in the bin shortly. Think you're right. You get what you pay for😝
0 Kudos