Menu
TheLeazesEnd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't reset SuperHub 2 to factory settings

Hi,

I want to reset the superhub2 to factory settings so that I can access the superhub2 to solve a VPN problem I'm experiencing.

I've followed the instructions on the 'Resetting your Virgin Media Hub' page to the letter however the reset does not appear to be taking place.

I base this on the 5g and 2g wifi networks retaining the names I gave them when first installing the superhub2 two or three years ago and the 'changeme' password not being recognised when attempting to sign in to the superhub2. I changed the 'changeme' password when first installing the superhub2 also and can't remember what the new password is.

Has anyone else experienced this too? If so, did you manage to resolve it? If you did, please let me know.

Thanks and best regards,

Russ.  

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't reset SuperHub 2 to factory settings

it might be faulty but the usual reason is that the 30 sec the button needs to be pressed is a long time when you are waiting - so give it another go - 30sec minimum - dont guess - time it and add a bit

Tony
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

With the Hub turned on, have you tried the pin phole reset - holding in for 30 seconds

EDIT: beaten too it by Tony :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

it might be faulty but the usual reason is that the 30 sec the button needs to be pressed is a long time when you are waiting - so give it another go - 30sec minimum - dont guess - time it and add a bit

Tony
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

With the Hub turned on, have you tried the pin phole reset - holding in for 30 seconds

EDIT: beaten too it by Tony :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
TheLeazesEnd
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Worked like a dream! Thanks Tony.
TheLeazesEnd
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks anyway Teabag. All the best!