Menu
arg98
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cabling

In one corner of room is a wall mounted box with a cable to the TIVO box where the TV is currently situated.

In opposite corner is the VM cabling into the house consisting of 3 white and 1 black cables. These are fitted to 4 way distribution unit Tratec FDU61 and then connected into an adaptor unit which I understand is some form of signal amplifier. What needs to be done to install the TV and TIVO box into this corner?

My problem is that I don't understand the cabling or why the signal amplifier was installed.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cabling

You don't have to understand the cabling. It is Virgin's property & is a shared network connection with all your neighbours. For this reason any alterations must only be done by Virgin, which involves a non-fault callout charge.

The FDU is fitted to boost the downstream/upstream signal levels. This can be due to the size of installation, and/or the distance from the street cabinet.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cabling

You don't have to understand the cabling. It is Virgin's property & is a shared network connection with all your neighbours. For this reason any alterations must only be done by Virgin, which involves a non-fault callout charge.

The FDU is fitted to boost the downstream/upstream signal levels. This can be due to the size of installation, and/or the distance from the street cabinet.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile