Menu
simhol
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cable being laid

saw some red lines being painted on pavement and road, when my wife asked the chap today what they were doing, he said laying cable for Virgin, so Hurrah finally some proper broadband speeds!! My question is how long after cabling takes place on average before service commences?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable being laid

hiya @simhol could be months after the cables have been laid, since still got the work on the back end the hardware you don't see, cabling etc.. best to have your details registered via https://www.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet/ and they should drop you a message possible when its ready
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @simhol could be months after the cables have been laid, since still got the work on the back end the hardware you don't see, cabling etc.. best to have your details registered via https://www.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet/ and they should drop you a message possible when its ready
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
simhol
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's great, thanks for the info, all new to me at least I know Chichester is finally catching up!!!

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fingers crossed for you Smiley Happy Please pop back and update us with your completed "I am online finally" , once its done Smiley Happy

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

simhol wrote:

That's great, thanks for the info, all new to me at least I know Chichester is finally catching up!!!

Lovely area Chichester.  You'll probably hate me because I was one of the founding members of GRRC the Goodwood Road Racing Club that got the old Goodwood Airfield racing circuit reinstated and brought back all the engine noise to the area.    Smiley LOL

I have spent many a happy day thrashing racing cars around that beautiful circuit and the wife and I attended some momentous Christmas bashes in the great house at the invitation of Lord March.

Happy Daze.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
simhol
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not at all also joined GRRC when I lived in Petworth and always going to one of the events love it
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

simhol wrote:
Not at all also joined GRRC when I lived in Petworth and always going to one of the events love it

Brilliant ... now that's what I call really enjoying life.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos