Menu
JCWood
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Re: Business Hitron Router

AMWSmith wrote:

Actually you would leave it in router mode and set up a GRE tunnel on the firewall. The static IP service uses a GRE tunnel.

Will GRE pass the external IP to our firewall?

0 Kudos
ccarmock
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Ok so it uses a GRE tunnel instead of the L2TP tunnel to deliver the fixed IP addresses that the business SH1 uses, however this would deliver the fixed IP address to the Hitron not the device behind it. 

So either they offer modem mode and a single fixed IP is supplied which would then be supplied tot he device behind the Hitron or you go for a routed subnet and then have the first fixed IP address on the Hitron and the next on the device behind it - which you can then use for your VPN end point.

This is the exact config I have with the SH1 based service with L2TP tunnel and 50 Mb/s business services with routed subnet option.

0 Kudos
JCWood
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Thanks  ccarmock, lets hope they get modem mode released in the next firmware.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 14 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Staring to wonder if VM are doing per GRE tunnels without authentication which would explain why VM are not giving Business modem mode and the info needed to have their own router connect to the given GRE tunnel.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 182
Flag for a moderator

MUD_Wizard wrote:

JCWood wrote:

Does anyone know when the business Hitron router firmware will be upgraded so it can run in modem mode? Currently it only supports router mode, with no support for No-NAT or DMZ.

I'm on the trial of the Hitron business hub. No news yet.

Maybe @Jen_A knows more?

Really sorry but I'm not involved in this trial so know nothing, can say nothing Smiley Sad

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Smallbrains
Joining in
Message 16 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hijack this thread but Has anyone got any ideas why the Hitron router keeps dropping connection? We had one static IP address on their 100mb bundle and VMB have just told us that the Hitron CGNV4 router can't work even with one static IP address and we have had to give this up to try to just get a stable internet connection. Keeps dropping multiple times a day and crazy that they have rolled this out without proper testing.  Hope someone can shed more light then what VMB have been able to.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 17 of 182
Flag for a moderator

The Hitron works perfectly fine with a single static via GRE tunnel. Up until 2 days ago mine was running as such. I now run 5 statics on mine.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Smallbrains
Joining in
Message 18 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Any idea to make my Hitron router work? The guys at VMB said that it was a known bug that their software couldn't talk to the Hitron and cannot handle a single static IP. At the moment, all I am asking them for is a stable internet connection which they are unable to work out how to get to. Been a nightmare.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 19 of 182
Flag for a moderator

I can't really help much more then what I have said. The Hirton Hub I have is a trial unit so could be running different firmware to those sent to non trial Business customers. The only advise I could give is to get the VMB tech guys to check over your DOCSIS Downstream and Upstream Power Levels and the SNR. Also this forum is not really the best place for help as the Forum Team themselves have no access to business account so are unable to check things out.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 20 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Smallbrains wrote:

Sorry to hijack this thread but Has anyone got any ideas why the Hitron router keeps dropping connection? We had one static IP address on their 100mb bundle and VMB have just told us that the Hitron CGNV4 router can't work even with one static IP address and we have had to give this up to try to just get a stable internet connection. Keeps dropping multiple times a day and crazy that they have rolled this out without proper testing.  Hope someone can shed more light then what VMB have been able to.

What's your firmware version? 

0 Kudos