Menu
dolkensp
Just joined
Message 181 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Re: Business Hitron Router

Hi all - thought I'd share my experiences with you so far - the trick seems to be emailing directors to get things moving.

* April 10, 2017, I placed an order for Virgin Business Broadband with a Static IP with the intention of upgrading from a 200mbps residential line, to one with a static IP
* April 19, 2017, I received my first customer number (######601)
* Unknown Date, Engineer came out to complete installation unsuccessfully
* Next Day, Engineer returned to re-attempt installation unsuccessfully
* Late April, Attempted to call customer support to report a fault, but was told that my account wasn't active yet, so I had to call different team, who were unavailable at the time.
* May 2, 2017, I was informed that my installation was now "complete" - I had no connectivity at this stage
* May 2, 2017, Called customer support again
* May 5, 2017, New engineer came out, and connectivity was established
* May 8, 2017, I was told that a new engineer was scheduled - I went to dispute this, as the connection had *just* started working after weeks of troubleshooting - but decided to leave it - you guys must know what you're doing right - and it would only confuse the support agents... How wrong I was.
* May 12, 2017, A new engineer arrived and installed a second modem which didn't work (same symptoms that the first modem had)
* May 19, 2017, I received my second customer number
Unknown Dates, I received calls asking if my new connection was working. I confirmed that they were NOT
* June 07, 2017, Direct Debit is deducted for a total of £108 under the account number ######601
* June 26, 2017, Residential connection was terminated (I had cancelled back in early May)
* June 27, 2017, I reported a new fault as apparently my connection was no longer in "installation" and was now "live" - Factory Reset Modem twice while on phone to Ehi
* June 28, 2017, Stuart on-site for 3+ hours trying to rectify fault. Support team told him to factory reset the modem, as well as replace the modem, but seemed unable to offer any other support after he'd reset the modem 4 times. Stuart had to escalate it to internal Virgin teams
* June 29, 2017, Stuart called to check if anyone else had been in contact with me (they hadn't), and confirmed he had escalated the issue
* July 02, 2017, Contacted customer support again to get an update on the ticket. Ehi confirmed internal teams were working on it
* July 06, 2017, Stuart called to check if anyone else had been in contact with me (they hadn't)
* July 10, 2017, Contacted customer support again to get an update on the ticket. Richard confirmed that there hadn't been any movement on ticket since I last spoke to Ehi
* July 12, 2017, Started emailing random executives to see if potentially *someone* knew how to connect a simple internet connection
* July 12, 2017, Matt called me back to try a few different things - no connection as of yet, but he's speaking to level 3 teams again.
* July 13, 2017, Matt called me back to inform I had a new IP - no connection yet
* July 14, 2017, Matt called me back to inform me that a duplicate IP had been found on the network, and that my connection was now up.
* July 26, 2017, Invoice arrives for £240 GBP under the account number ######201 (includes Connection fee which I was told would be waved as I was moving from a virgin residential line, plus other undescribed charges)
* August 14, 2017, Direct Debit is deducted for a total of £240 under the account number ######201
* September 10, 2017, Confirm with my bank to terminate and refund ALL direct debits from Virgin Media
* September 13, 2017, Email directors once again
* September 14, 2017, 16 hour outage without notification
* September 14, 2017, Adam contacts me and informs me he's going to resolve the billing issue
* September 22, 2017, Receive revised version of erroneous bill, with all charges itemized, showing I was billed for May,June,July despite no connectivity - confirm with Adam that this is to be expected, and corrections will be forthcoming
* September 28, 2017, Finally receive corrected bill, and contact Adam to re-enable direct debits
* October 10, 2017, New fault raised -> receiving 5-10mbps service after an initial full-speed burst - supposedly due to ongoing "fragmentation" issue with static IP connections - despite connection working August/September without issue

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
dolkensp
Just joined
Message 182 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Re: Business Hitron Router

Hi all - thought I'd share my experiences with you so far - the trick seems to be emailing directors to get things moving.

• April 10, 2017, I placed an order for Virgin Business Broadband with a Static IP with the intention of upgrading from a 200mbps residential line, to one with a static IP
  • April 19, 2017, I received my first customer number (######601)
  • Unknown Date, Engineer came out to complete installation unsuccessfully
  • Next Day, Engineer returned to re-attempt installation unsuccessfully
  • Late April, Attempted to call customer support to report a fault, but was told that my account wasn't active yet, so I had to call different team, who were unavailable at the time.
  • May 2, 2017, I was informed that my installation was now "complete" - I had no connectivity at this stage
  • May 2, 2017, Called customer support again
  • May 5, 2017, New engineer came out, and connectivity was established
  • May 8, 2017, I was told that a new engineer was scheduled - I went to dispute this, as the connection had *just* started working after weeks of troubleshooting - but decided to leave it - you guys must know what you're doing right - and it would only confuse the support agents... How wrong I was.
  • May 12, 2017, A new engineer arrived and installed a second modem which didn't work (same symptoms that the first modem had)
  • May 19, 2017, I received my second customer number
    Unknown Dates, I received calls asking if my new connection was working. I confirmed that they were NOT
  • June 07, 2017, Direct Debit is deducted for a total of £108 under the account number ######601
  • June 26, 2017, Residential connection was terminated (I had cancelled back in early May)
  • June 27, 2017, I reported a new fault as apparently my connection was no longer in "installation" and was now "live" - Factory Reset Modem twice while on phone to Ehi
  • June 28, 2017, Stuart on-site for 3+ hours trying to rectify fault. Support team told him to factory reset the modem, as well as replace the modem, but seemed unable to offer any other support after he'd reset the modem 4 times. Stuart had to escalate it to internal Virgin teams
  • June 29, 2017, Stuart called to check if anyone else had been in contact with me (they hadn't), and confirmed he had escalated the issue
  • July 02, 2017, Contacted customer support again to get an update on the ticket. Ehi confirmed internal teams were working on it
  • July 06, 2017, Stuart called to check if anyone else had been in contact with me (they hadn't)
  • July 10, 2017, Contacted customer support again to get an update on the ticket. Richard confirmed that there hadn't been any movement on ticket since I last spoke to Ehi
  • July 12, 2017, Started emailing random executives to see if potentially *someone* knew how to connect a simple internet connection
  • July 12, 2017, Matt called me back to try a few different things - no connection as of yet, but he's speaking to level 3 teams again.
  • July 13, 2017, Matt called me back to inform I had a new IP - no connection yet
  • July 14, 2017, Matt called me back to inform me that a duplicate IP had been found on the network, and that my connection was now up.
  • July 26, 2017, Invoice arrives for £240 GBP under the account number ######201 (includes Connection fee which I was told would be waved as I was moving from a virgin residential line, plus other undescribed charges)
  • August 14, 2017, Direct Debit is deducted for a total of £240 under the account number ######201
  • September 10, 2017, Confirm with my bank to terminate and refund ALL direct debits from Virgin Media
  • September 13, 2017, Email directors once again
  • September 14, 2017, 16 hour outage without notification
  • September 14, 2017, Adam removed contacts me and informs me he's going to resolve the billing issue
  • September 22, 2017, Receive revised version of erroneous bill, with all charges itemized, showing I was billed for May,June,July despite no connectivity - confirm with Adam that this is to be expected, and corrections will be forthcoming
  • September 28, 2017, Finally receive corrected bill, and contact Adam to re-enable direct debits
  • October 10, 2017, New fault raised -> receiving 5-10mbps service after an initial full-speed burst - supposedly due to ongoing "fragmentation" issue with static IP connections - despite connection working August/September without issue

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos