Menu
verticalsoft
Tuning in
Message 31 of 191
Flag for a moderator

Re: Business Hitron Router

Can you explain how this is achieved? I am in the same boat currenty, I have Asus RT-AC87U with 4G failover and loads of rules etc. Can you explain how we go about exposing the virgin static IP directly to the asus? DMZ?

Kind regards

Dave

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 32 of 191
Flag for a moderator

verticalsoft wrote:

Can you explain how this is achieved?

Most of these high end Asus routers come with both remote management facility for the router and VPN server functionality.

You would setup a secure tunnel using VPN, like when someone connects to their home network from work.

A bit like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f32IhsUgS48

The exact details you'll need to sort out though as I don't have an AC87u.

Once you have a VPN tunnel to the client's home network you should then be able access the 192.168.0.1 address of the hub from your browser and login to the Superhub admin interface to change the settings.

I am in the same boat currenty, I have Asus RT-AC87U with 4G failover and loads of rules etc. Can you explain how we go about exposing the virgin static IP directly to the asus? DMZ?

No. You wouldn't get remote login to the Superhub that way as the remote login/management feature is usually turned off by default for security reasons AND (from memory) not available via the GUI anyway.

Highlighted
Phil789
Settling in
Message 33 of 191
Flag for a moderator

Smallbrains wrote:

Sorry to hijack this thread but Has anyone got any ideas why the Hitron router keeps dropping connection? We had one static IP address on their 100mb bundle and VMB have just told us that the Hitron CGNV4 router can't work even with one static IP address and we have had to give this up to try to just get a stable internet connection. Keeps dropping multiple times a day and crazy that they have rolled this out without proper testing.  Hope someone can shed more light then what VMB have been able to.

I have also suffered from this problem on the 200Mb service and static IP. The internet connection was terribly unstable. I solved it in part by turning off the wi-fi and wiring the modem to a new Apple Extreme. I wasn't too pleased with the additional cost but it solved the issue of the internet dropping constantly. Now the connection has an occasional "freeze". It is not very often, but just as annoying when it happens; it usually solves itself but occasionally I get impatient and re-boot the modem. I have no idea if it helps but it makes me feel less mad..! What is the difference between running the router in Modem mode and turning the wi-fi off? I note that I have 192.168.x.x IPs inside the network but a different format at the CGNV4. Does that mean my setup is not a full static set up? Any comments or advice? Thanks!
0 Kudos
freedomit
Joining in
Message 34 of 191
Flag for a moderator

Just had VM 200mb installed today with Hitron router and fixed IP. We are Double NATing via our Draytek router and DMZ...not nice but it works.

Anyway, web pages are very slow to load, often half a page loads and then a minute later the rest of the page, some pages just time out. Ping and Speedtests are perfect so thought it must be the DoubleNAT, however I get the exact same issue even when hard wired directly into the Hitron. I have tried three different PC's and different cables to rule out any issues. Looks like im going to have to call VMB tomorrow and remove the static IP.
0 Kudos
VikingBeer
Dialled in
Message 35 of 191
Flag for a moderator

Yes, same issues I had.

Ask Virgin to switch to Dynamic IP, wait 20-30 mins, factory reset the Router, and your line will be totally different...it'll work!

Not making any excuses for them selling something that they know doesn't work, just confirming that the issues described will vanish after the above.

VikingBeer

0 Kudos
Zach8
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 191
Flag for a moderator

Just got an update notification - anybody else ? Think this is for static* business users or is it just a general update ? http://www.eshotonline.com/v2/previeweshot.php?r=iel0o1il&ID=0MWFS0lE701EoFS2YhZo3RkvJ7KmXq1b2YN1GuI...

*lol

Superuser
Superuser
Message 37 of 191
Flag for a moderator

Zach8 wrote:

Just got an update notification - anybody else ? Think this is for static* business users or is it just a general update ? http://www.eshotonline.com/v2/previeweshot.php?r=iel0o1il&ID=0MWFS0lE701EoFS2YhZo3RkvJ7KmXq1b2YN1GuI...

*lol

Better turn my Hitron back on then. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
freedomit
Joining in
Message 38 of 191
Flag for a moderator

I spoke with Virgin over the weekend and got switched back to a dynamic IP. During various conversations with them one support guy said there was a firmware update coming on Thursday which should fix some of the issues. He said they get so many complaints about he problem the entire support team has there fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 39 of 191
Flag for a moderator

freedomit wrote:

I spoke with Virgin over the weekend and got switched back to a dynamic IP. During various conversations with them one support guy said there was a firmware update coming on Thursday which should fix some of the issues. He said they get so many complaints about he problem the entire support team has there fingers crossed.

What firmware version are you guys currently on anyway? 

0 Kudos
Zach8
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 191
Flag for a moderator

Software Version 4.5.10.12-SIP-UPC

What are you using instead of the Hitron ?

0 Kudos