Menu
truddles1
Joining in
Message 1 of 1
Flag for a moderator

Blocked Emails to Hotmail, Outlook and AOL

Hi, I've done some searching across the forum for my issue but could do with some specific guidance please.

We run an online business from home but have a residential VM account. I have a domain set up with a hosting company (TSO Host) who manage my webmail account. Since mid December I have had bounce back messages from all Hotmail, Outlook and as of today AOL stating the message can't be delivered due to the IP address being blocked.

<xxxxxxxxxx>: host eur.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.0.33]
   said: 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [95.xxx.xxx.xxx] weren't sent.
   Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network
   is on our block list (AS3140). You can also refer your provider to   http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
   [HE1EUR01FT029.eop-EUR01.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to MAIL
   FROM command)

NOTE: 95.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address from my hosting supplier.

If I check MXToolbox I can see my personal IP address is on SORBS and SPAMHAUS, which I gather is fine as these just list dynamic IP addresses (which I'll have if I'm a residential VM customer I believe) but no other blacklists. My hosts IP address is not blacklisted.

I have SMTP set up on my webmail but they are specific for my hosting:

SMTP Host: mail3.gridhost.co.uk

Port 465

I've spoken to TSO Host who have told me it's definitely my VM IP address that's causing an issue as their's isn't blocked.

I'm struggling to know where to go with this as something is obviously being blocked but I cannot trace what or who - is it because I'm using a hosting service to send emails from a residential IP address?

Anyone have any ideas.....?

Please note - I am not technical so please be mindful with any responses. Thanks

0 Kudos