Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17 (190 Views)

Banned websites

[ Edited ]
Im doing a survey for college and i was wondering what sites are blocked by Virginmedia in 2017 Smiley Happy
Jake
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 17 (186 Views)

Re: Banned websites

sites order by court orders or listed on the IWF list.
Dont think VM will give you a full list.

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 17 (180 Views)

A link to a full list was posted here very recently in a related thread 

I am not going to find it FOR you, that is what the search option is for. ..

Or just ask google

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 17 (177 Views)

that is not a full list, problem is the order keep adding new mirror sites. you also can't get a list of IWF sites so the list, while a good start, will not be complete.
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 5 of 17 (148 Views)

Guest789789 wrote:
Im doing a survey for college and i was wondering what sites are blocked by Virginmedia in 2017 Smiley Happy

A list can be found here: CLICK

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 17 (141 Views)

[ Edited ]

apcyberax wrote:
that is not a full list, problem is the order keep adding new mirror sites. you also can't get a list of IWF sites ...

really ?

google list of IWFsites

I sometimes wish people would at least try to find stuff out before expecting others to hit the search button or LMGTFY

does that college assignment  say  find an on line forum and ask folks to give you the answers or does it expect you to ,you know, look ...?

Superuser
Message 7 of 17 (131 Views)

i google list of IWFsites and got nothing.
0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 17 (130 Views)

[ Edited ]

apcyberax wrote:
i google list of IWFsites and got nothing.

nothing ?

as in no search results ?? maybe your PC is broke Smiley Happy

I google list of IWF sites and get  about 2,480.000 results. Read on

and I suspect the college survey was to find the list of banned bit torrent etc sites, removed. the former is easliy found, subjscrt to caveats about mirror sites. even DIY would do that in 5 minutes, just look for pirate bay, KAT etc &  see which ones bring up the blocked message

my point was about the lazyness of some posters wanting their college assignments done for them.

Search Results
URL List Policy | Internet Watch Foundation
Blocking facilitated by the use of our list applies only to potentially criminal URLs related to child sexual abuse content on publicly available websites.
URL List | Internet Watch Foundation
URL list | Becoming a member means you will have access to lists of URLs where we ... Wherever this symbol is displayed on site or online, parents and young ...
[PDF]URL List Policies, Procedures and Processes
2.1.1 Every URL on the IWF URL List depicts indecent imagery of children, ... Impact on the reputation of website owner and consequential impact on the IWF ...
Internet Watch Foundation - Wikipedia
The Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) is a registered charity based in Cambridgeshire, England. ... services to government agencies and public bodies to require the Internet service provider (ISP) to block access to sites [sic] on the IWF list.
List of websites blocked in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia
Court ordered implementations targeting copyright and trademark infringement[edit]. Sites are ... Wayback Machine, archive.org, Web archive, Site incompatibility with Cleanfeed, Internet Watch Foundation, 14 January 2009, 16 January 2009.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 9 of 17 (127 Views)

agree with lazyness. but i'm unaware of anyway to get a list of IWF sites. for good reason. I know its hard as i use to run the IWFChecker. All the sites you found only give info about the iwf and not a list of sites.

Don't get me wrong the list SHOULDN'T be online anywhere due to what the list blocks.

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 17 (124 Views)

I confess to only skimming the search results but one seemed to imply that you could get the list by becoming a member....

"

The IWF URL List is a list of webpages where we have located images and videos of child sexual abuse.

This list is made available to IWF Members so they can block access to these webpages while we are working to have them removed from the internet."...

0 Kudos