Menu
Captjack
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Android box trouble.

Hi, I have an Android TV box, I have speeds of 35 to 45 and most movies and shows play fine. So far though I can't get Gold Rush to play. It will play, but loads so slow it's unwatchable. Kinda weird since all other shows I've tried work great. Anyone have an idea what could be going on? Thanks, Dan

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android box trouble.

What app are you using to stream Discovery?

0 Kudos
Captjack
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm not techy at all so I have no idea, sorry. I just got the box so i'm still learning it. I just went to Discovery and clicked on the new season and the episode I wanted to watch. It came up with 176 providers. I tried a few at the top, then I in the middle and a couple at the end. I just went to try one last one in the middle, like 63 I think and all of the sudden it's playing good and loading fast. I've been trying off and on all day watching movies and other shows in between. Coming back to Gold Rush and trying a few off and on most of the day. Out of the blue one works, is this normal and I'm just impatient? Thanks, Dan

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

LOL Ima gonna send you a PM- personal message - look for a little purple envelope top right of this site

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

From your description, You want help with viewing illegal streams via  kodi addons, in a public forum.

That is just asking to get banned.

Ask the guys who sold you the box, google what is, isnt legal, and be careful .

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think in this case the problem you are experiencing with the slowness is down to the services you are using on the android TV box rather than an issue with your Virgin Media internet connection.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

if you have netflix on that box, there's a speed test within the app - look within help for test/check network

that will report the streaming speed from netflix into the android box.

if that looks good, then it's your "other sources" that are slow - you have to find the best (fastest) ones by trial and error or by asking google for advice

avnow8
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you are jumping to assumptions, he never said that he is doing illegal streams...

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

avnow8 wrote:

you are jumping to assumptions, he never said that he is doing illegal streams...

yes he did- unless he is simply unaware of  what he's doing

"I just went to Discovery and clicked on the new season and the episode I wanted to watch. It came up with 176 providers"

there are not 176 different legal Discovery providers . Those are pirate sources

PS, but until the EU courts stuck their oar in a couple of days ago, it was 100% legal to stream anything you wished here in the UK.

now, not so much, though I doubt those nice russian guys who run acestream will change much Smiley Happy

do rours  as they would put it