Menu
Settling in
Message 1 of 4 (160 Views)

Amazon Fire

I have an Amazon Fire connected to my super hub3 via Ethernet, yet Amazon programs keep buffering and says bandwidth is too low....any fix, and why is Virgin super hub sending a low bandwidth

oldspiceis
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4 (303 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by oldspiceis
‎13-03-2017 23:43

Re: Amazon Fire

The Amazon Fire is restricted to a maximum of 100Mbps, as it isn't gigabit but fast ethernet.  However, 100Mbps is far more than adequate for streaming so won't be the issue.

Could you have a faulty cable between your Amazon Fire and router ? - I can't think of anything else ? - Or maybe plug it into a different port in your router in case that is faulty.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4 (158 Views)

Have you tried running a speed test from the Amazon Fire (if it gives you the option of doing this) or from another wired device on your home network ? - It would be interesting to see what speeds you are currently getting on your connection.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 3 of 4 (154 Views)

No idea what speed my Amazon Fire is running at, but hard-wired PC running at 228mbps
oldspiceis
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4 (304 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by oldspiceis
‎13-03-2017 23:43

The Amazon Fire is restricted to a maximum of 100Mbps, as it isn't gigabit but fast ethernet.  However, 100Mbps is far more than adequate for streaming so won't be the issue.

Could you have a faulty cable between your Amazon Fire and router ? - I can't think of anything else ? - Or maybe plug it into a different port in your router in case that is faulty.

-