Menu
Highlighted
oldspiceis
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Fire

I have an Amazon Fire connected to my super hub3 via Ethernet, yet Amazon programs keep buffering and says bandwidth is too low....any fix, and why is Virgin super hub sending a low bandwidth

oldspiceis
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Amazon Fire

The Amazon Fire is restricted to a maximum of 100Mbps, as it isn't gigabit but fast ethernet.  However, 100Mbps is far more than adequate for streaming so won't be the issue.

Could you have a faulty cable between your Amazon Fire and router ? - I can't think of anything else ? - Or maybe plug it into a different port in your router in case that is faulty.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.

All Replies
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried running a speed test from the Amazon Fire (if it gives you the option of doing this) or from another wired device on your home network ? - It would be interesting to see what speeds you are currently getting on your connection.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
oldspiceis
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No idea what speed my Amazon Fire is running at, but hard-wired PC running at 228mbps
oldspiceis
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Amazon Fire is restricted to a maximum of 100Mbps, as it isn't gigabit but fast ethernet.  However, 100Mbps is far more than adequate for streaming so won't be the issue.

Could you have a faulty cable between your Amazon Fire and router ? - I can't think of anything else ? - Or maybe plug it into a different port in your router in case that is faulty.

-