TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
dannyc33

tv picture keeps flashing green

hi all , wonder if anyone can help ?  my tv picture keeps flashing green it started about 2 weeks ago went away and now its back lol im using a standard virgin box connected to tv with scart , ive done all the norm stuff ie.. turned box off left it 20 secs and turned back on , checked scart lead checked smart card , checked virgin cable wire etc etc , checked tv with norm analogue ariel and picture is fine , anyone else having these problems ? plz help plz help lol cant bare another phone call to vm after still no internet since begining of dec09 :smileysad: and also there just gonna talk to me like im 9 years old do this do that when ive already done it all :smileysad:  oh boy...

anyway thxs in advance

danny

Please use plain text.
Wizard
russianmonkey

Re: tv picture keeps flashing green

I don't want to sound pedantic, but have you checked your v+ box with another Scart-enabled TV?

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
dannyc33

hi and thxs for the reply ! yes ive tried everything i guess im just tryin my luck here before ringin vm up :smileysad: im clutchin at straws because i really cant stand ringin them anymore ! thxs again

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
rosslev

This is 100% a SCART issue, VM will be unlikely to help with this, you need a new scart cable, otherwise it is the scart socket on the back of the tv, it could also be the scart socket on the virgin box, but that is very unlikely. You can fix this temporarily buy going into the virgin box setttings, and changing the scart output to composite, (in the vbox this is settings, 4, not sure about v+ but will be similar) in this mode you picture will be in full colour, but not as good quality and much less sharp.

I recommend getting a new scart cable  (an RGB compatable one), but is it does turns out to be the socket on the back of the tv then there is not much you can do about it, even if you have 2 scart sockets on your tv, the spare scart socket will not support RGB anyway, so it will be no better that the temporary solution i gave you above. 

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Windy

My TV sometimes flashes between red and blue. Tried asking 'Jenny' but no use at all. I eventually solved this myself by pressing the reset button on the V-box. 

Please use plain text.