TV

Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
One to Watch
kazyve

samsung stb problems

When we power on the stb, it takes ages to start up, then we get a message about an upgrade being applied, and we wait, eventually we get a screen saying installation page 1 of 20 and cannot get past this. None of the arrow left/right/up/down seem to work either on box or remote. The LCD dispaly gives no help because all the digits seem to be broken and aren't displaying any specific numbers/letters. PLease advise.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
kazyve

Re: samsung stb problems

ok, its booted up now and can view channels, however the LCD dispay doesnt show tv channel number

its still garbage symbols.

Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi kazyve,

Sorry I'm having trouble locating your account details from your IP address.

Can you please send me a Private Message with your house number and postcode and I can look into this further for you.

Regards

Laura_S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi kazyve,

Thanks for the extra information, I've booked the next available engineer for tomorrow 04/01/11 between 12pm-4pm for you.

Regards

Laura_S

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
marc_c

Hi Laura_S

I am having the exact same problem on my Samsung STB.  The TV will eventually come on if I cycle through the installation pages and do a warm reset but whenever the STB is put in standby or powered off and then back on it goes back into the installation loop.  Can you offer me any assistance.

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Brian_J

Hi marc_c,

Can you send me a private message please i need your full postcode and house number so that i can find your account.

Thanks

Brian_J

Please use plain text.