TV

Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
lk_rhodes

my remote isnt working

my remote has died and have changed batteries and everything else im told to do.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
cmburns

Re: my remote isnt working

[ Edited ]

My V+ Box has frozen, at first I thought it was the remote but it isn't.  It is the box itself and I suspect you may have the same issue.

I contacted Virgin but they cannot send anyone out until the 29 Dec, which is appalling - even worse there was absolutely no sense of customer service interest at all when I complained to them.  The call centre in India? could just not have cared less, bored and disinterested.

I imagine that an engineer will be here for less than 10mins to fix the fault (change V+ Box) and go.  Interestingly, I contacted Sky and they said they could have a TV Service installed prior to the 25th Dec.  Impressive customer services from Sky but then, they appear to have a much better attitude to customer care than the Virgin team. 

I left Sky to go to Blueyonder, who were bought-out by Virgin, so I have been a customer for 8 years but this really is a case of them having absolutely no interest in the exisiting customer base. 

In short, I regret I can not offer a solution to your problem but I would just suggest that you contact Virgin soonest, don't hold your breath and don't expect to be pleased, as their customer services and interest, in my view, have plummeted.   Which means no TV over the holiday period.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Michael_S

Hi lk_rhodes,

Can you confirm you can change channels by using the buttons on the box?

cmburns, apologies for the length of time it will take for us to get an engineer out for you. I'll take a look tomorrow to see if we have any cancellations any sooner.

Kind Regards

Michael S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
cmburns

Thanks, I intend to buy a freeview box tomorrow and it will be interesting to compare the Services. 

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
lk_rhodes

yes can change using box.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
cmburns

Ik,

Apologies for hijacking your post - though we might have the same issue.

CMB

Please use plain text.