TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
bobbysbabe29
Helpful Answer

cost of extra set top box

hello, can anyone  tell me roughly how much extra it will be to another virgin box up in my bedroom??..i am already a virgin customer and i have the XL TV, XL Broadband and XL telephone package...thanks in advance for help..

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: cost of extra set top box

bobbysbabe29 wrote:

hello, can anyone  tell me roughly how much extra it will be to another virgin box up in my bedroom??..i am already a virgin customer and i have the XL TV, XL Broadband and XL telephone package...thanks in advance for help..

If you have an HD box with HD activation the monthly cost for an additional box is £5.50 a month. If you don't have HD activated its £10.50 a month

Installation for an additional box is £40 and then depending what you want there would not additional one off cost for SD, £49 if you got the V HD box activation for HD, and then either £49 for a V+ HD box if you don't already have one or £99 if you do.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
bobbysbabe29

Thanks for the speedy reply...it is very helpful...

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
darzog

I have a similar query, but I was wondering what costs would be incurred for doing the following:

1. I want to replace my 'old steam powered' SD box with a V+ HD box (I am on XL TV package - so presumably would pay £49 installation with no extra monthly outgoings?)

2. I also want to install 2 extra boxes elsewhere in the house (where there is no existing cabling / connection points.) So, what would I pay if were to get 'bog standard' SD boxes installed in the other locations (as a one off-installation fee and subsequent monthly payments)?

3. Would it be in any way financially beneficial to use the old SD box that I am currently using (and which is about to make way for a V+ HD box) in one of the two other locations, or would it make no difference cost-wise (it is an ancient NTL Samsung SMT 2100C that isn't the most aesthetically pleasing piece of kit!)

4. Would I even be allowed to have a mix of an HD box in one location and SD boxes in the other two locations or would they all have to be one or t'other? 

Any held from the ever reliable BenMcr or anyone else who knows what's what will be very much appreciated...

Ta

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

1) It would be £49, plus £20 self install swap delivery, and then no extra cost if you aren't having anything else done

2) It would cost £40 for an engineer install, and the £10.50 per box per month if you don't have an HD activated box on the account, or £5.50 per box per month if you do

3) Makes no difference cost wise, although if you are having it all done at the same time Virgin would reuse the box anyway for one of the extra TV points

4) It's not about HD or SD anymore. All new non recordable boxes are the V HD boxes, just without the HD switched on. As I said before though, Virgin will reuse any existing STBs you have before supplying new ones

So if you were having it all done at the same time it would likely only cost you £40 install for all three changes, plus £49 for the V+ HD and then £11 extra month to run the additional boxes (which would probably end up being your Samsung SD box and a V HD box)

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
darzog

Very helpful and very prompt reply BenMcr...many thanks

Please use plain text.