TV

Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
dmfdmf

Volume not working on Virgin Remote Control

My Virgin remote control volume button does not seem to be working, all the other buttons work fine. 

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Robert_W

Re: Volume not working on Virgin Remote Control

Hi dmfdmf,

Does the light on the remote come on when the volume button is pressed?

It may simply need re-programming to your TV, got to Help and find the instructions for setting the volume for your TV.

Cheers

Robert Ward
Help & Support Forum Team

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
dmfdmf

When I press the volume button the light goes green all the other buttons go red, I have tried to reprogramme it but it does not seem to work  I have used the code for the TV and the 0010 code.  We are connected by HDMI cable so cannot use the 0 0 0 code.

Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi dmfdmf,

Can you please confirm the following:

Have the volume buttons ever worked?
Have you changed the batteries recently?
What remote control do you have from this list? Virgin Media Remote Control Codes

Regards

Laura_S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
dmfdmf

Sorry to have wasted your time but after a week of the volume button not working at all, today it seems to have fixed itself and seems to work again.

Thank you for your help and again sorry for wasting your time.

Please use plain text.