TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
taz_nut

Virgin TV in another room?

Hi All,

Can somebody tell me what I need to do to get Virgin TV into another room. I currently have Virgin V+ HD but am not too bothered about having HD in the other room. I have tried Video Senders and this did not work, probably due to being in a Flat and too many Wireless devices around!

Just want to know what my options are, many thanks for your anticipated help!

Ian.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

Re: Virgin TV in another room?

The only other option if you don't want to pay for multiroom is a wired system. The simplest way would be an RF modulator plugged into the VCR Scart, connected via a length of low loss coax cable.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
taz_nut

Thanks for that, I assume by your response that there is a VCR Scart output on the back of the V+ HD Box, I must admit I have not looked...

Cheers,

Ian.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

[ Edited ]

taz_nut wrote:

Thanks for that, I assume by your response that there is a VCR Scart output on the back of the V+ HD Box, I must admit I have not looked...

Cheers,

Ian.

There are 2 Scart sockets on the back of the V+ boxes. If you are using the HDMI output for the main TV then the VCR Scart is the only one that works.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Gordy1965

Best to stick with hard wired rather than video senders IMHO so just get this and run a HDMI cable from it to the other TV.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001D9P1OW

Use this and you can use the remote control as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marmitek-PowerMid-infrared​-extender-set/dp/B000GIXH42/ref=sr_1_2?s=electron...

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
taz_nut

Hi nodrogd, I bought the RF Modulator that you suggested and connected up last night and can't get it to work. I scrolled through all the channels on the Modulator and nothing was found, so I automatically scanned on the TV and when it got to a certain frequency I saw a grey screen. If I changed the channel on the modulator then the grey screen changed to a different frequency when I scanned on the tv? So it looks like something is there but no picture?

My question, is there any configuration I have to do within the Virgin HD V+ box to turn the VCR Scart Port on or should it be already enabled?

I have about 20 foot of Coax from the modulator to the other TV, which I assume will be fine?

Cheers for your help,

Ian.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
AMWSmith

The VCR Scart out should be active no matter what settings you have.

Can you try your modulator on a DVD Player or something like that to see if you get a image.

Also try the V+ VCR scart connected to your TV where the V+ is to check the scart is outputting correctly.

Tony.
2X TiVo 500G (TV XL) 152Mb BB & Weekend Calls.
Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

[ Edited ]

taz_nut wrote:

Hi nodrogd, I bought the RF Modulator that you suggested and connected up last night and can't get it to work. I scrolled through all the channels on the Modulator and nothing was found, so I automatically scanned on the TV and when it got to a certain frequency I saw a grey screen. If I changed the channel on the modulator then the grey screen changed to a different frequency when I scanned on the tv? So it looks like something is there but no picture?

My question, is there any configuration I have to do within the Virgin HD V+ box to turn the VCR Scart Port on or should it be already enabled?

I have about 20 foot of Coax from the modulator to the other TV, which I assume will be fine?

Cheers for your help,

Ian.

Make sure the Scart is plugged into the input side of the Modulator and not the output, as it is a loopthrough device. The VCR Scart on the V+ operates all the time, so no switching is necessary. Try also reversing the Scart lead as there may be a faulty connection in the cable.

Mine is also running on about the same distance of coax, so this should not be a problem.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
taz_nut

Thanks for your prompt reply guys much appreciated, I will follow your suggestions and hopefully get it sorted tonight. WIll be a bit embarrassed if I have plugged into the output side!! :smileysad:
Please use plain text.