Just joined
Liam11
Helpful Answer

Virgin Multiroom

[ Edited ]

Hi I live with my mam and dad, we have virgin in our home but it is the most basic package along with the telephone and internet, I have a room downstairs in which doesnt get good signal on freeview using an arial so I want to get virgin in my room, I would like to have a TV L with Sky Movies 1 pack. With this would I get Tv choice on demand?

I would just like to know how much this would be and any offers to make it cheaper or any other offers at all I could take up

I want to leave the 1 box my mam and dad have the same basic package

Ps I would like a V + box but not bothered about HD

Thanks Liam

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard III
Christopher_G

Re: Virgin Multiroom

Hi Liam, yes you can do this and if you were to upgrade the package on one then the other would automatically upgrade also. You would need to pay for the addtional box however. You would need to speak to customer service to get this added

Chris Glen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.
Just joined
Liam11

So would my mam and dad have to pay extra due to me upgrading, by that I mean by there package upgrading they would have to pay more for theres.

Obviously I knew I would have to pay for mine but I wanted to give them cash for what I paid for mine each month. so if theres gets upgraded then they will have to pay more also?

Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid III
Champs

Tv choice on demand is only free with the XL package. Any package below this there will be an additional cost.

Whiz Kid III
Champs

If you want L tv and Movies plus you having an additional box the cost will go up quite a bit. Movies alone are around £22. How you divide the cost is for you to decide.

Just joined
leebrass

hi i have sky+ hd we have sky in all of our rooms 4 rooms with a sky eye do they would with virgin boxs as i would would go to virgin if they did 

Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid II
Luisa_B

Hi leebrass,

I'm not aware of any plans to launch an equivalent product with the Virgin Media service at present.

Thanks.

Luisa B

Help & Support Forum Team
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
thegame2k0

Wrong there is a TV choice for L customers now too. Not as much content as XL customers but still quite a bit.

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
Tbgbe

Liam11 wrote:

So would my mam and dad have to pay extra due to me upgrading, by that I mean by there package upgrading they would have to pay more for theres.

Obviously I knew I would have to pay for mine but I wanted to give them cash for what I paid for mine each month. so if theres gets upgraded then they will have to pay more also?

If you decide that you want a different TV package then you should pay the whole difference. You cannot have two accounts at the same address.  So if you want TV L, then both boxes would get it, your parents get if for free when you pay for it on your box.

The SKY MOVIES is an add-on, so would only be on the one box (yours).

Note a: V+ requires HD so you would get those (the activation cost is for HD and recording etc). If your parents also wanted HD channels, then their box would also need to be activated.

Note b: there is a monthly cost for V+ with TV L (V+ is free with TV XL).

Note c: might be worth waiting until MAY to compare the new TiVo offer with V+ (especially the 500GB TiVo).

TVXL(V+), BB10Mb, Ph(M)
Please use plain text.
Just joined
PaulM87

Hi

Can any one help me i have 3 virgin media v+ boxes in my loft space and cable through to 3 tvs in other parts of our house. The sky magic eyes don't work so I was told by the virgin engineer to buy the Marnitek ir receivers which do work but all the boxes change to the same channels which is obviously  driving us mad. Please can any body tell me if there is a solution to the throught the scart or other way.

Many Thanks

Please use plain text.