TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Emerging Talent
tboman

Virgin Media box stuck on AP52 message code

Hi,

My standard Virgin Media (non V+) is stuck on the AP52 error which I have read means the box is dead. Is this a correct diagnosis and if yes, will I need an engineer out?

Regards,

Tony

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Michael_S

Re: Virgin Media box stuck on AP52 message code

Hi Tony,

AP52 is usually a failure with the cable input (white cable that screws into the back on the box).

If that is in and secure then it will require an engineer to visit.

Can you check and let me know.

Kind Regards

Michael S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
tboman

Hi Mike,

I turned the box off, tightened the coax at both box end and wall plate end. I then turned it on again. It sat on NIT for 15 minutes or so, then went to AP52 again. It is still stuck there.

Regards,

Tony

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
stevenl

Don#t know where you live Mike but it's like this in Dundee also

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
markmcq

this is also the case in carnoustie 11 miles ousige dundee

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
markmcq

hope everyone  else has same. my tv has gone back to normal by itself

Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi tboman,

I'm having trouble locating your account.

Can you please select  my name and send me a Private Message with your house number and postcode so I can locate your account.

Regards

Laura_S

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi markmcq,

Thanks for confirming your service has returned, glad it's OK now.

Regards

Laura_S

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi stevel,

I've checked and there are currently no area faults affecting you.

Can you please confirm if you still have a fault.

Regards

Laura_S

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
tboman

Hi Laura,

I have PM'd you my address details,

Tony (tboman)

Please use plain text.