TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Helena846

VM box stuck on AP:52 please help!!!

Since this morning our vm box has been not working. Once rebooted, the box says boot followed by AP: and numbers increasing until 52 where it stops. I've switched it off at the mains and rebooted it loads but nothing seems to work. Also the broadband isn't working. Perhaps a problem with the connectivity? But I've checked online and in our area services seem to be working fine. Please help. I have a two year old boy on desperate need to watch his favourite tv programme. Helena
Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Michael_S

Re: VM box stuck on AP:52 please help!!!

Hi Helena,

The error AP:52 usually relates to a problem with the 'cable input' which is the white lead that screws into the back of the box.  Can you check if it is lose, or damaged at all?

Kind Regards

Michael S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
AndreS1

Basically my virgin hd. Box is stuck on AP:52 and my broadband is also not connecting would it be possible if a member of customer services could contact me on my contact no. Thank you
Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Darren_E

AndreS1,

Apologies for the loss of your DTV service.

Fault queries can be handled by us on the forum, If you can PM me your full address including postcode I will look into this issue for you.

If you would like to speak to someone then 151 from a Virgin line or 08454541111 from a non Virgin landline.

Cheers

Darren E

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Ceci_and_Rob

Hello,

we've had the same problem here since this morning. The box is stuck on AP:52 and there is a heart-shaped light flashing on the display. I switched off at mains and rebooted but nothing changed. I didn't check the broadband this morning connection but I was having intermittent connction problems last night.

I can DM you my address as I am writing from work at the moment.

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

Ceci_and_Rob ,

Could have been a problem this morning, may now be resolved. If its still the same when your home from work later let us know

Chris Glen

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
boxoffice1

[ Edited ]
Hi both my boxes are off aswell one reads a AP20 and the other AP52 I have checked the cables and they seem ok
Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Ray_P

Hi boxoffice1,

Apologies for this. There's a fault affecting TV & Broadband in your area which we hope to hve fixed soon. Service status can be checked here:

https://my.virginmedia.com/service-status/results

Kind Regards

Ray_P

Please use plain text.